VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, i copied my dvd to ISO with imgburn, & usually i extract a VOB for editing from the ISO with DVDshrink & i get to keep it as one whole VOB, but DVDShrink doesnt like this particular ISO for some reason, so i used ISOBuster to extract the VOB's, but now i want to join the VOB's into one, VOBMerge doesnt like the VOB's & i cant figure out how to use VideoRedo to join the VOB's???

Any ideas?

Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The vobs might be a bit corrupt after you extract using isobuster. Try use the quickstream fix in videoredo and then join. See http://www.videoredo.net/helpdocs/en/plus/html/index.html and search for joining for how to use the joiner list and quickstream list.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could have ripped to HDD with DVDDecrypter in IFO mode to created one large VOB,then do your editing with VideoRedo..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    actually. VOB files are just split files not to exceed file size limit.
    so, you can join VOB files using command prompt.

COPY 1.vob /B + 2.vob /B + 3.vob /B + 4.vob /B C:/Merged.Vob /B

copy is command prompt command for copying of files.
    /B indicate that the file is Binary type.
    what the above command do is, it copy 1.vob 2.vob 3.vob and 4.vob to Merged.vob under C: drive as binary file.

the resulted Merged.vob is marged file. the command work same as other GUI marger process.
    I have used the above command in my software as script to do VOB subtitling and extraction processes.
    so. you dont need to look for the software .. just use above.

good luck.
    Quote Quote