VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an Xvid .avi movie that has two audio tracks. One is a dubbed Italian track and the other is the original English. Problem is, the English track is track 2. I can only play it in VLC to watch it in English. How can I eliminate the Italian dub (track 1)?

Here is the info that VLC gives me:

Stream 2:
    Codec: mpga
    Type: Audio
    Sample rate: 48000Hz
    Bitrate: 128kb/s

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Mark.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to convert your AVI to something else, you may select a different audio track in the Audio tab.
    If all you want is elimination of one of the audio tracks, you would be better off with a tool like D-Vision. Extract the video, extract the audio, and mux only the wanted audio back again.
    If you have QuickTime Pro, and you don't mind a .mov container, then it is as simple as unchecking a checkbox and saving.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There should be no reason to eliminate the Italian audio track. VLC should allow you to select a different audio track after it starts playing by selecting the Audio option from one of the menu choices (I don't remember which one).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to burn it to DVD but it defaults to track 1 which is the Italian track. I do have QT Pro and found the right tab. For those with similar problems, From the Window menu, go to Movie Properties. There you see that the audio track has track 1 checked and track 2 unchecked. Just switch them around and save. I am in the process of saving it right now so, I'll get back to you if it doesn't work.

Thanks to those who answered.

Mark.
    Quote Quote