VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I find my computer instantly restarting when i encode with either cinema craft encoder sp2 and TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress.I have installed another set of ram and regreased the cpu,when it encodes its at 48C.The only other things i can think of is the psu might be faulty,its an Antec TruePower Trio - 650 Watt or the mb or cpu itself.

Anyone else have the same problem with the system i have and found the solution?All the specs are in computer details.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you get the restart, does Windows give you any error information? 48C seem cool enough. Definitely not high enough for hi-temp shutdown. Just guessing, but if there is no Windows errors, (Except the inevitable 'Windows has recovered from a serious error.. Do you want to send info...' on reboot) it sounds a bit like a hardware problem. But did you set up Windows to not reboot on errors? Then you may get a BSOD screen that gives some info.

Vista 64 and CCE and TMPGEnc make it a bit harder for me, as I haven't used them, at least as 64 bit programs.

I'm not a fan of Antec PS's, but all I can think of is to substitute another PS if you think that's the problem.

Otherwise, standard stuff, unplug all cards except video, all drives except boot, try again. Substitute RAM if possible, or remove most and try with each module. I find this more dependable than using a program like Memtest 86. Substitute the video card also if possible. They can cause strange problems at times.

I would also check your CPU usage in Task Manager and also the processes running to see if anything unusual shows up there. If you suspect software, try using MSconfig to kill some startup programs.

Sorry, probably not much help, but you will need to at least eliminate what isn't causing the problem. It could still be a software problem, but that seems unlikely with two different encoders with the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I get no error report to check,just the usual window boot screen asking if i want to proceed cause of a shutdown error,already set to show bsod.I did check with the amd phenom forum and it seems this mb is at fault and i do have the latest bios.

Also when i turn off cpu2 and cpu3 in infinity settings the computer doesnt shutdown.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Update,i just changed my mb to my spare m2n-e and the random resets have stopped,looks like the gigabyte ga-ma790fx-ds5 is faulty.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good that you got it solved. Too bad it was the MB.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Or it migt be a MotherBoard -- Cpu incompatibility.. some combos just dont work well together.. maybe the tolerances are just a bit out of whack. M/b and CPu are like a marriage.. some stay together for years, other should never have got hitched in the first place.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote