VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    On the new VISTA system, the most recent update included an optional update for my display and was called P241W.

Since then when loading photoshop CS3, it warns my profile is not compatible and if I select use anyway everything has a yellowish background, if I choose dont use it everything is fine.

However I then noticed whenever I click on a photo and vistas photo viewer comes up, the photo is all yellowy like the background was in photoshop.

I dont understand display profiles at all (never heard of them til now) and as such am reluctant to mess with settings til I know what to do.

Is there a way to undo this update or change remove the profile?? What is a display profile (i found it in coluor managemtn of control panel whilst looking around)

* edit: my decive is Acer: P241W - NVIDEA GeForce 9600 GSO and the ICC profile is P241W (default) with file name P241W.icm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Now, was this a video driver update? If it was you can always go in to the device manager>Display Adapters - right click>Properties>Driver> and roll back the driver to the previous one used.
    OR just go to nVidia's website and get an official driver update from them.

Edit: Upon further investigation I see that this is a monitor. So some of the above information is not very much applicable but it would still be a good idea to update you video driver. However, you can go into uninstall a program and remove windows updates.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Funny, I found the view updates tab which showed it installed on the 1/8/2008 but then when I go to the uninstall an update tab there is nothing there from that date (including the other 2 updates done at the time)!!

Cant seem to remove it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can also perform a system restore to before the update was installed.
    Quote Quote