VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi All,

How to playback file of XviD/DivX (AVI) into QuickTime player (Windows OS)?

I think perhaps would be installing these two codecs to QuickTime, but I find for a week with no perfect
    solution on this - I've got just many converters then after trying all are that still couldn't play in QuickTime.

PS: I use QT 7 Pro.

Can anybody help me how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance...
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You don't. There are no Xvid/DivX codec plugins for QT in AVI files on Windows (there are for QT Mac). I'd guess, the point would be---if you've got DivX/Xvid in an AVI, play it with a DirectShow-based player (like WMP, etc) or something independent (like VLC).
    What you're asking is kind of like trying to do 3 right turns around a block instead of doing 1 left turn at an intersection.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Probably possible with 3ivx MPEG-4 (contain QuickTime component), however it's payable.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yes, you are right Cornucopia, after searching high to anywhere I got for same Mac too - it's useless.
    Usually I use MPC to playback AVI, I like QT just want to know the format/data rate of an AVI file only,
    bcos their data rate is rather more details than MPC. Useful for me before doing any format convertion.
    Thanks anyway.

About 3ivx, I've tried and the result of video is middle-good but the audio is poor quality of sound.
    I suggest if you want to use this codec, you must need install one more audio extractor as plugins for QT.
    Frankly, I don't like to convert more than one job. It's not to be good especially for the sound/audio -
    too many filterization it can make the stereo-sound rather bit mixture like curious synthesizer sound of
    quality... but anyway thanks Placio74.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you're looking for readouts with more information on video files, you can also experiment with utilities like GSpot (primarily for AVI and MPEGs, may have mixed results with other formats) and MediaInfo. They should be able to provide a bit more information than MPC.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote