VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, I tried the hack below that was supposed to work but didn't:
    [url=https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-dvd-vr330-eu-version/7107

[quote]Thanks Andrey - The same works on the DVD-VR350

(ps - it also worked for my old Samsung SV-DVD1E - where the hack was posted by tonjac, August 08 2001

Rember code for set region is different depending on what region your player is *currently* set to:

R1 - 29334
    R2 - 38767
    R3 - 56732
    R4 - 76884
    R5 - 53814
    R6 - 24462

As I had a Region 5 player I hit Menu the 53814 followed by 9

Player now happily player DVDs from the Uk etc
    )[/quote]
    The link to the hack:https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/samsung-dvd-vr330-eu-version/7107

Anyone have a region free hack that works? My Samsung dvd-vr350 was bought yesterday.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Hardware changes by the manufacturer sometimes break hacks that used to work. Perhaps this has happened to you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    After re-reading this, I realized that you are a new member and I should not make assumptions that you did this correctly. You will need to do:

Menu 38767 9

to change your region. If you followed Andrey's instructions to the letter, which are for changing a region 5 player, that will not work. If you followed the correct instructions than my suggestion in my original reply is probably the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I did use 38767, I'm not stupid.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't say you were stupid, but you'd be surprised how many new members do make mistakes. However, if you are that easily offended, then you're not really likely to get much out of the forums here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    two things:
    1 - the remote must be switched such that it will not control the TV but the DVD
    2 -I changed to region free, from 2 (Europe), but the NTSC (US) movies - region 1 - although playable but Black and White. Cannot get it in color.
    Quote Quote