VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone knows what the best sound card would be for my setup.
    I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9200 capture card that I've been using for years, and it works great for me. I was using the onboard sound on my motherboard, but it was a bit fuzzy sounding. So I bought a Turtle Beach Riviera sound card. I found out too late that both video and sound cards lack the proper filter, so that I get a hiss whenever I capture sound through line-in. I also have via chipset on my motherboard, so I guess anything with an Audigy chipset is out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you simply tried connecting the audio directly from the device playing, to pc's audio line-in?

Of course this means the source needs to be split into separate video and audio inputs, video to capture device, audio to pc's sound device line-in.

Some of these devices use a type of pass cable, were the audio returns from the capture device to the pc's sound device line-in ... I highly recommend not using this method as it can cause this problem to appear.

Via chipsets are fine, unless the selected hardware required has known issues with systems using specific chipsets.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would've gone with the Turtle Beach Montego. I ran the Turtle Beach Catalina for years with my ATI AIW and had no problems at all.

Using onboard audio with the AIW caused sync issues for me and is not recommended by ATI.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately my pc's audio is the reason I need a sound card, it just isn't very good.

I've been reading that the audigy chipset and via chipset don't get along.

I also discovered the CMI8738 chipset the Riviera uses and AIW don't work well together either.

I'm a little hesitant to buy Anything with CMedia chipsets again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. A sound card with 2 REAL rca inputs(right/left) instead of mono mini jack...if that exist. Gold plated if possible
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote