VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Greetings.

I made a MP4-AVC movie from a DVD of mine and iTunes tells me, when I try to transfer, that my iPhone 3G will not be able to play it.

How I made the movie :
    1) Ripp-it After Me for the rip, the video compression and the audio extraction
    2) X.264 1pass, 480x272, 768kbps, subtitles embedded, and AAC audio from the wav file with iTunes at 128kbps
    3) Yamb in order to mux the h264 file (after extraction from the .avi with the MP4Box plugin) and the AAC track
    4) Import in iTunes the final file .mp4

iTunes doesn't want to transfer, and the conversion option to m4v for iPhone made a white image movie which is completely unusable (there is only sound).

Someone could help me to make compatible my movie ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I have read that only Nic's mp4box writes the "MP4 atom"
    expected by iPod or iPhone. If you're already using it,
    then I don't know what's going wrong @ there.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I used Yamb 1.6, but not the latest version (2.0). Could this affect the movie ?

What do you mean by "Nic's" ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi there,

iPhone has very limited support for x.264 (none of the advanced quality features)

You need:
    -Baseline Profile
    -AVC Level 3 or lower
    -No B-frames or B-pyramid
    -Use only 1 reference frame
    -No I8x8
    -No Mixed Ref. frames
    -No CABAC

MeGUI has an iPhone profile for x264, if you go to Doom9 forums, there are beta profiles in one of the threads you can download from Sharktooth

Another option is videora iphone converter, this is probably easier to use, but I haven't tried it out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    http://nic.dnsalias.com/

NicMP4Mux for iPod v1.2 & iTunes 7.0

An awful hack to add the required uuid atom that an MP4 file needs before being accepting by iTunes 7.0 when using H264 files with a width of 640 pixels.
    It seems you don't need it. My bad.

Midzuki
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    Hi there,

iPhone has very limited support for x.264 (none of the advanced quality features)

You need:
    -Baseline Profile
    -AVC Level 3 or lower
    -No B-frames or B-pyramid
    -Use only 1 reference frame
    -No I8x8
    -No Mixed Ref. frames
    -No CABAC

MeGUI has an iPhone profile for x264, if you go to Doom9 forums, there are beta profiles in one of the threads you can download from Sharktooth

Another option is videora iphone converter, this is probably easier to use, but I haven't tried it out.
    Thanks.

But it's Chinese for me...

I don't know if I can get this settings in Ripp-it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Decrypt your DVD with DVD Fab HD Decrypter, then try using Videora Iphone Converter

I promise you it WON'T work with ripp-it unless you are able to change the AVC settings.

Here's a guide with pictures
    http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/Video_to_iPhone_Using_Videora_page1.html
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hello,
    i am experiencing similar problems. I am using ripbot to create mp4 videos for my itunes. so far everything works perfect. but the ripbot is not able to add a second audio stream to the movie. so i am muxing the second stream manually to the file. after that itunes can still plqy the movie but the two audiostreams are playing simultaneously. so i am using mp4box to configure the audiostreams in the correct way.
    i am using the following commands:
    MP4Box -enable 2 %1
    MP4Box -disable 3 %1
    MP4Box -lang 2=eng %1
    MP4Box -lang 3=deu %1
    MP4Box -group-add trackId=2:trackId=3 %1

after i have performed these steps, i am able to select the audio stream i would like to use in itunes but the videostream is no longer displayed, all i can see is a white image.
    in vlc on the other hand everything is still ok. so the videostream is still ok.
    can anyone tell me what step is missing. what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by TheNomad; 19th Sep 2010 at 16:03.
    Quote Quote