I have this problem with Video Studio 10 from time to time and it usually occurs within the first one minute of video capturing but this time it occured at 1 hour and 15 minutes into the capturing. Needless to say, all that capturing was wasted time; it doesn't save what has already been captured before the error strikes.

I have absolutely no idea what it means, no idea what causes it, and no idea on how to prevent it from occuring.

I hope someone here has VS 10 experience and can give me the lowdown.

The error goes like this:

Unexpected error: The sample start time is after the sample end time.

Most of the time it does not occur but it will from time to time. Usually, I allow 2 minutes of capturing as I watch it just to see if the error is going to occur. If within the first 2 minutes nothing happens I can generally assume it will be OK so then I can leave for about an hour or so. But last night it occured after 1 hour and 15 minutes into the capturing. Not good! The .AVI file is in the folder and it has a hugh file size (like about 24GB) but it has a duration time of 00:00:00:00. So, it's wasted.

Even if no one has had VS 10 experience with this problem I hope that someone could tell me what the statement means in terms of video capturing.