VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Iam very new to this site and video, i have checked out the FAQs and done some searching but i am just confused, basicaly what i want to do is take video from a dvd shorten it (edit it) and then put it into a format for Youtube, ithink there are a few different jobs to do here and a few different pieces of software, that much i have gathered,if anybody can put me on the right road i would be very grateful

Thanks In Advance
    Gary.Brook
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can cut out clips with DVD Shrink, or use a program like VOB2MPG and extract the whole MPG from the DVD. Then you could use a MPEG editor for trimming if needed. Finally convert to a YouTube compatible format. If you do a forum search for ' you tube ', you should find quite a few threads on the subject

And gary.brook, in the future please use a more descriptive subject title in your posts to allow others to search for similar topics. I will change yours this time. From our rules:
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    Thanks,
    Moderator redwoods
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Redwudz, i will have a lookfor the you tube formats now, sorry about the title not used to these forums

cheers
    gary brook
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Gary,

This is the best format for youtube:

"Once you're happy with your final result, you'll need to save the video in a format that YouTube can accept in order to upload. Unless you're a professional video producer, we recommend that you save your videos as either QuickTime .MOV, Windows .AVI, or .MPG files— these are the most common formats and they work well within our system. We specifically recommend the MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format at 640x480 resolution with MP3 audio. Resizing your video to these specifications before uploading will help your clips look better on YouTube."

Not sure of the best apps to do this but hope this helps

Cheers
    Acestu
    Quote Quote