VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello Everyone,

I have a DVD that I created with three video clips on it, and a menu system. My client has come back and requested changes to one of the clips, and I no longer have the original project. I have ripped the video file that I want to change, made the changes, and now I have created a new MPEG file. I would like to replace the old video with the new one and reburn. Does anyone out there know how to do this? I think I've found some of the pieces but I haven't been able to figure out the whole thing yet. Thanks!

-Alan Lockwood
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have been trying figure this out and here's what I've done:

1. Ripped the DVD using DVD Decrypter
    2. Fixed the MPEG video stream using Premiere Pro and Re exported
    3. Muxed the New MPEG stream and old audio stream using Mux man. I gave it the cell list, so the chapters should be in tact.
    4. Copied the old DVD VIDEO_TS folder to my hard drive
    5. Renamed my muxed VOB file to corespond to the same name in the VIDEO_TS folder on my har drive and replace.
    6. Burn the VIDEO_TS folder using Nero in DVD mode.

The problem is that Nero give me warnings and the DVD won't play in all of my players. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

-Alan Lockwood
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess that your username doesn't really describe you. The video pointers are all messed up for your new part. An "only compliant" DVD player will NOT play your new video (however, most new players go beyond compliant).

Why don't you just reauthor the thing and charge your client accordingly - you already have all the pieces?

In the future, create a folder along side your VIDEO_TS folder called DVD_PROJECT and dump the project in there. Now, if you ever cross this path again, you will have the project readily available. Encrypt it if you must. Plus, you should also keep a copy of all your projects locally- who knows when another project that is just like one you already have will come along. I do this, plus I have a local copy of every project I have ever done.
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The pgc commands for the DVD with the new .VOB in place are probably wrong now, for one thing.

This guide might be useful to you:
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides/simplistic-guide-for-replacing-dvd-streams-flash-id937#937
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks SLK001. My username is more of a joke than anything else. We keep files for a limited amount of time, this client came back after and I am trying to help them. The tips are good however.

-Alan Lockwood
    Quote Quote  
  6. 5. Renamed my muxed VOB file to corespond to the same name in the VIDEO_TS folder on my har drive and replace.
    It doesn't work like that. To get the remuxed one back into the original DVD use the Replace button in VobBlanker. That guide to which usually_quiet linked probably explains the process. I don't know as I hate those flash guides and didn't look at it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Usually Quiet and Manono,

Thanks for your help. For some reason Muxman and VOBblanker were having problems muxing and replacing the entire file, but I was able to rip and replace the two individual cells that contained the parts I needed to change, and it worked great. Thanks again, you've helped me a ton.

-Alan Lockwood
    Quote Quote