VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anyone had a chance to check out this software? I don't own a Blu-ray player to try it.

http://www.bluraydiscripper.com

"We introduce some solutions to backup/copy your own Blu-ray disc or rip Blu-ray discs to all video formats for your mobile devices, rip Blu-ray disc to iPod, iPhone, PSP, Zune, PDA, MP4, H.264 and so on.

How to Rip Blu-ray Discs with freeware Guide:

Actually, there are two means for ripping a disc on the planet. One mean is just duplicating a 1:1 copy for backup purpose, the other mean is converting your blu-ray disc to other video formats. Here we provide both solutions. "

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm skeptical because as far as I know there are no freeware ways to rip BD+ discs. Perhaps this doesn't work on all discs or maybe it's just a way to get malware on your PC. I'd be very very careful about this one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jman98
    I'm skeptical because as far as I know there are no freeware ways to rip BD+ discs. Perhaps this doesn't work on all discs or maybe it's just a way to get malware on your PC. I'd be very very careful about this one.
    Of course you would need AnyDVD HD but after that a one step solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried this (after a virus check of course).

It did seem to work however it was very stuttery. And it did not offer any way to preserve 5.1 or greater surround sound. I was able to get a valid mpg file in dvd format while playing a bluray disc in power dvd ultra 7.3. However it was a choppy result so no good for playback. (Edit - I did not see that surround selection mode in the screen shot in the first post since I had not tried an avi recording mode - perhaps that might work).

I can play bluray relatively smoothly on my 2.7ghz dual core amd but this did not seem to be an adequate recorder. Now perhaps if you had a faster dual core or a quad core you might be able to get real time dubbing on this software. However it would be limited to stereo only but the resolution does have a bluray mode for 1080 preservation.

Or it could be still in beta testing and buggy and this could really work.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Didn't work with PowerDVD 8 Ultra
    Quote Quote