VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I have some wmvhd files with wma pro 5.1, that I extracted and converted to 5.1 ac3. I now need to know how to mux the ac3 into the wmvhd file. any ideas? My goal is to get the wmvhd to play on the ps3 with 5.1 audio,since ps3 doesn't decode 5.1 wma pro audio.
    Quote Quote  
  2. AC3 is not supported by .asf or .wmv container
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    AC3 is not supported by the .asf [s:8f29102f57]or .wmv[/s:8f29102f57] container
    Are you sure of that?

[ E D I T ]

@ nick101181: have you already tried Solveig's Asf Muxer?
    I have never tried to place ac3 audio into an asf container,
    but I am pretty sure one can wrap mp3 audio in an asf file without a problem ---
    --- I did that a couple of months ago, just for learning purposes.
    BUT the real problem is, the PS3 appears to support only "standard" WMA
    for the ASF container (at least, that's what the "official speech" says).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, Midzuki you are correct

I did a quick search and found that Solveig ASF Muxer. I was able to put a WMV3 video stream and 6-channel AC3 audio into an .asf container. I never thought this would be possible. It even played back no problems on the PC...However don't know if it will work on PS3 (don't have it here, it's at my brother's house)

Thread:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=92136&highlight=wmv+ac3

Download:
    http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SMMASF_2006_03_02.zip
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the help but I'm trying to figure out how to use asfmuxer. For input I only see one field, how can I insert both ac3 and the wmv video?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Sorry I forgot to say that I had a wmv in .avi container (wmv video stream, ac3 audio stream). I did this through vdub, which then you could input the .avi into the solveig tool. You can also do this through avidemux, and selecting audio from other file (in this case the AC3)

Here is a sample of the Dark Knight Apple movie trailer (3MB), redone with VC1 and 5.1 AC3 in a .asf container. It indexes fine with asfbin, and both Gspot and Mediainfo report it's really a VC1/5.1 AC3/.asf

Please report back to if it does play correctly on PS3 with 5.1 audio. Maybe try renaming from .asf to .wmv

wvc1%20+%205.1ac3.asf
    Quote Quote