VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Yeah..

In i.e. Vegas I can set a few simply tags (Title/Copyright/Author...) for the file to be rendered. However, these data isn't showed under ALT+ENTER (Windoze/Properties), but is some sort of own meta tag; which, however can(!) be viewed correctly in MPC/MPUI.

So, I find those tags really convenient for keeping track on i.e. date of footage. However, I need suggestions on good meta tag viewer/editors around. In the "Comments" tag I can enter several lines in Vegas, but MPC doesn't show those tags; and MPlayerUI only shows like the first ~30 characters of the first line. So, just to have the knowledge when needed, what (GNU only) meta tag viewer/editor softwares is the best?

TY in adv.
    Drop dead gorgeous!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Anyone who can beat this answer:

http://abcavi.kibi.ru/
    http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/

Feel free to post!
    Drop dead gorgeous!
    Quote Quote  
  3. I tried MediaInfo and abcAVI tag and neither of them work as well as they should, so I went on the hunt and just by accident found MediaMonkey player. It edits .AVI and mp4's without issue. Just right click the Video title in question choose open with MediaMonkey pause the playback right click the Video title then edit the properties.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by vettsaa57 View Post
    I tried MediaInfo and abcAVI tag and neither of them work as well as they should, so I went on the hunt and just by accident found MediaMonkey player. It edits .AVI and mp4's without issue. Just right click the Video title in question choose open with MediaMonkey pause the playback right click the Video title then edit the properties.

Digging up a 5 year old post with this nonsense.....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Help is help, hech.

Try doing a direct stream copy in XMediaRecode. I noticed it has tagging in there of some sort.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks "Transporterfan" Mediamonkey is the only program so far that allows editing of the Video meta tag. It also has a autotag feature that acesses the internet for info and also the ability to manually type in your own comments that can be saved to the file itself no converter is necessary. when I tried other methods it destoyed the video or change the quality of the video.. Mediamonkey just alters the tag info only.
    Quote Quote