VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hey!

My big sisters computer (it's a laptop) comes up with something evertime it logs in... It says: Error while reading C:\WINDOWS\system32\jeejlhxb.dll and Error while reading C:\WINDOWS\system32\shnyqhdd.dll
    The module did'nt get found. Sorry if it does'nt match 'cause it's in danish... But in Commandprompt it says in the recover section that it's a FAT32 file... How do I recover these two files?

Plzz help me!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you donīt want to recover these files.
    Very strange names, maybe infection - fake files containing malware. Deleted by AV. But still registered to start with Windows.
    Maybe you look where these entries are in the start options. Registry, Run, maybe loading like drivers: check services, even good old win.ini etc.

A program like autoruns (Sysinternals - now MS) can help a lot. Itīs Freeware.
    Even if they are legit files (I doubt it) - delete the start entries. You will find out, which program doesnīt run. And re-install the app.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by NoBuddy
    Maybe you donīt want to recover these files.
    Very strange names, maybe infection - fake files containing malware. Deleted by AV. But still registered to start with Windows.
    Maybe you look where these entries are in the start options. Registry, Run, maybe loading like drivers: check services, even good old win.ini etc.

A program like autoruns (Sysinternals - now MS) can help a lot. Itīs Freeware.
    Even if they are legit files (I doubt it) - delete the start entries. You will find out, which program doesnīt run. And re-install the app.
    She just had a virus on this computer so maybe you're right I should'nt recover these files... Thnx!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Those are files created by viruses and/or spyware. I would suggest you backup the files you need and reinstall windows. I have had explorer.exe fail when you remove certain .dll's that some viruses create. If you do remove those there is no guarantee that windows will function properly.

You can also download HiJackThis and post the log file here and I can tell you which files to remove. But once again, those .dll's can cause explorer.exe to fail. I see that problem at least once a week at work.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What a nice avatar, Malicious
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Midzuki
    What a nice avatar, Malicious
    Thank You! Its one I made myself a few years ago.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Look under these two registry keys:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    and see if there any strange programs starting that you don't recognize. If you see one (and you probably will), then delete it and see if the error goes away.

But first, back up your registry, unless you are really bold!
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Malicious
    Those are files created by viruses and/or spyware. I would suggest you backup the files you need and reinstall windows. I have had explorer.exe fail when you remove certain .dll's that some viruses create. If you do remove those there is no guarantee that windows will function properly.

You can also download HiJackThis and post the log file here and I can tell you which files to remove. But once again, those .dll's can cause explorer.exe to fail. I see that problem at least once a week at work.
    here's the log.

hijackthis.log
    Quote Quote  
  9. Delete windows from DOs.
    Install Linux.. or re-install windows if you must.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by RabidDog
    Delete windows from DOs.
    Install Linux.. or re-install windows if you must.
    She does'nt want Linux on this computer...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thnx to CCleaner and my my mum's sister's boyfriend's help!
    Proud to be a pakistani/danish Muslim!!!
    Quote Quote