VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. klintistwood

use eac3to version 2.00 for your vc1 file if you just extract the vc1 file it won't play but if you use eac3togui to demux plus strip the pulldown then it will play if you use my settings in the xvid4psp you get a file at around 4 gigs then when you add the audio it will be about 4.6 gigs. also use the mp4ps3 option don't worry it will still be playable on your computer

as for the mkv thing in eac3togui thing waht ever the last thing is take it off and add .mkv.

so if your file is like transformers .vc1 just take off the vc1 and make it .mkv
    Quote Quote  
  2. zerocool, the conversion with eac3to worked but the result is strange, the picture gets pixels all over the place. Is there an option I could use to avoid this?

I've tried to convert the first movie to mp4 like you said but when playing it with sound, I have once again a sync problem, it's not as strong as when I muxed my first MKV but still, there is a sync problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. now as for movie 1 did you use the mp4ps3 option also which media player are you using the best one is media player classic and vlc but vlc sometimes throws it out of sync when watching on a computer. try watching it on your tv if possible.

as for your second question for the second movie try to encode it and see what happens just because it's blocky doesn't mean your mp4 will turn out that way
    Quote Quote  
  4. sorry for this but when you run the vc1 through eac3to to create mkv then run the mkv through tsmuxer and create a ts file and load that into xvid4psp now it will take awhile to cache it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is what I would try on,
    Movie1
    Demux M2TS file with tsmuxer> .mpv and DTS audio
    Convert DTS audio to ac3 with eac3to.
    Remux .mpv and new ac3 to .m2ts file with TSmuxer and use the split&cut feature ,if you want several files,5-6gig etc..
    Check with VLC for sync issues....
    Now load new.m2ts file in XviD4PSP..
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi zerocoool

I had use mplayer classic to play the video with the sound and in fact I noticed that the delay in ms for the sound was variable. I'm going to try to force a 0 delay in the settings and see if it solves the problem. The sound sync problem is by far less important than my first try with MKV as output.

I'll try the remux suggestion you are both proposing, we'll see if it solves the sound problem.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  7. t0nee1:
    I have tried what you suggested and after muxing everything back to M2TS, the sound was perfectly synchronized with image. So I took the M2TS in XVID4PSP and converted it to MKV and got again the sync problem.
    In fact I only get the sync problem when I randomly pick a sequence ahead of the cursor, if I play everything from the beginning and let it go this way, I don't get sync problems. It looks like it's a player related problem no?
    I usually get rid of the sync problem by pausing then playing again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What SW player are you using? I use VLC or MPC...maybe try with, CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra.
    With my specs I have the same issues playing certain HD content from PC..However I don't play my video from PC,but stream or burn to disc for playback on my PS3......I typically keep as .m2ts file, change extension to .mpg or .vob and burn..Or sometimes I'll create a Bluray structured disc...
    I'll only use XviD4PSP if I want to convert to other formats and reduce the size of my video...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  9. I tried to play the movies with VLC and MPC.
    With MPC I usually manage to get back the sound on track by pausing and the playing again. It's a very strange behaviour especially if you know that sound and video are part of the same file. If I play the movie without moving forward, I don't get any sync problem but if I start jumping around, then I get sync problems.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the moment I cannot play mvk files ,I tried VLC and others but no luck
    The more things change,
    The more they stay the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by atwozed
    At the moment I cannot play mvk files ,I tried VLC and others but no luck
    Try installing MeGui as well as XVID4PSP because doing so should also get you all the other software and codecs etc. needed to play back most if not all MKV files.

Also make sure you have the latest version of VLC media player.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  12. I've been following this conversation today (googled Blu-ray burning to file). I was also coincidentally curious in creating .mkv files from Blu-Ray.

If I may temporarily interrupt (although I am rooting on the sidelines for the success of Mr. Wood in this story) I was curious as to what you would define as "quite adequate" specs for a PC to burn Blu-Rays as .mkv equivilents and then play them? Not necessarily to play the Blu-Rays from the drive. For example, an intel core 2 duo 2.0ghz as a processor, 2 gig dual channel (667mhz) and either a GMA X3100 or 950 be adequate? Do you have suggestions for such specifications for this purpose?

Secondly, what method would you use to get a perfect balance between file quality and size? For example, what size would an .mkv created, at your own discretion to form be? Is there a format that you would prefer/suggest over .mkv for seeking a modest file size with maximum quality?

Thanks, and again, sorry for interrupting.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't read all of the above posts but the easiest way to get a MKV is to just rip the BR with MakeMKV. Takes 20-50 min and you have a MKV file ready to play. It is about the easiest program I've ever used.

Tony
    Quote Quote