VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spiluka
    I installed both software but the device must be unaccessible. the import buttons in software are disabled, and additional drives show up in My computer. If some additional drive appears, and I try to access it, my whole computer will freeze up untill I disconnect the USB cable.

WTF is with the camera manufacturers that they wont make it easy on you to transfer the damn file?
    Hey, you are the one that wanted the AVCHD format.

Second way is to use a flash card reader to access and transfer the file.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    By the way guys, (better late than never) I wanted to say Thank You too all of you who spend time to help me out. I really appreciate it, if you were in Toronto, I'd buy you beer

Soopafresh, I think your advice regarding stabilizers is very very valuable, I'm sure it will make tremendous difference in video quality.

And confused again, do I need hdmi cable to transfer to PC or should this be done by usb cable it comes with?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No HDMI cable needed. It's USB to transfer AVCHD.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14298033
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By the way guys, (better late than never) I wanted to say Thank You too all of you who spend time to help me out. I really appreciate it, if you were in Toronto, I'd buy you beer

Soopafresh, I think your advice regarding stabilizers is very very valuable, I'm sure it will make tremendous difference in video quality.

And confused again, do I need hdmi cable to transfer to PC or should this be done by usb cable it comes with?
    Now you want to learn RAID disk arrays? I thought you wanted a simple file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I want at this point is to transfer a file, It seems my computer has great difficulty recognizing the camera properly. Blame Vista? Or blame me for connecting the camera to pc before installing software...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vista never helps Have you ever connected an external USB hard drive to your PC? Did that work?

Try a different USB port on your PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All I want at this point is to transfer a file, It seems my computer has great difficulty recognizing the camera properly. Blame Vista? Or blame me for connecting the camera to pc before installing software...
    Is this over USB2?

I can't help with details since I don't have one here at the moment. Others might.

My only suggestion is to buy a card reader in the morning.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, usb2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I found the manual. Lemme take a look. BTW, I love Toronto. Except in Winter.

Edit - Uninstall the software, reboot your PC, then reinstall the software WITHOUT your camera being connected. That's probably where the problem occured. And use a different USB port when you finally connect the camera.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I even like Toronto in winter with all those tunnels and ped bridges. I got stuck there one winter and had a great time of it. Locals rock.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Incredible strip clubs, so I've read
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Soopafresh
    Incredible strip clubs, so I've read
    Are any accessible by pedestrian tunnels? It is cold out there!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At this point here's what's going on: I uninstalled all the software I had installed from cd that came in box. It seems all the drivers are installed when I view device manager, but if I try to go into My Computer, it will freeze up until I unplug usb cable and freeze releases along with popup Suggesting to format Drive G. I'm going to try to uninstall drivers, install software and reconnect camera...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like a plan. You know, you could have avoided this hassle if you had taken our advice further up the thread. Wait until you want to edit your AVCHD footage, the choices will be limited. It's easier nowadays, but not without it's own unique challenges and frustrations.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I cant uninstall them, the dialog box is displayed forever. I'd take this camera back tomorrow and get hdv, but I shot some cool family footage today which I hate to loose...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Bummer, dude. I spent a month in Europe with a GF and after 3 weeks she told me she hadn't loaded any of the film properly in the camera.

Restart the computer in safe mode (press F8 when it starts up) and try to remove the drivers in safe mode.

Remember, if you get the HV30, buy a 4 pin to 6 pin Firewire cable as well.

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    it seems like it's using DRIVERS/disk.sys which probably is used for other disks too so maybe that's why I cant uninstall it...

And I thought I was saving time by getting HD/FLASH cam...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it seems like it's using DRIVERS/disk.sys which probably is used for other disks too so maybe that's why I cant uninstall it...

And I thought I was saving time by getting HD/FLASH cam...
    Don't forget the card reader option, unless this is internal memory. You haven't gotten to the hard part yet.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is internal memory... I'm still trying to get it to work, it seems after a while the drives have showed up, but cant get into them just yet, it almost feels like it's Veeeeeeeeery very slow. I'll update you guys if I make any progress.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It is internal memory... I'm still trying to get it to work, it seems after a while the drives have showed up, but cant get into them just yet, it almost feels like it's Veeeeeeeeery very slow. I'll update you guys if I make any progress.
    There should be an option to transfer internal memory to an SD removable card. Then read the card in a PC SD card reader.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hi
    best camcorder right know is according to tests for indoor and outdoor quality sony hdr-sr12....but it records up to 16mbps.....there is new camcorder coming soon canon hg21 which will be probably best performer as it will record at max 24mbps as avchd will allow in specification.....so i do wait....but i was about to buy hdr-sr12 also but is better wait to see tests if there will be quality difference between sonys 16 and canons 24mbps bitrate..
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, here's Where I'm @ right now:

I was able to get the imagemixer software that came with camera to work, and the canon drives appear on vista, but it looks like Vista is taking veeery very long time to read data on the HF10 's internal drive. Software is copying 18 files total of about 1.2 GB data from camera to PC and it is half way through and 16 hour have passed. I'm assuming another 15 hours for it to finish transfer to PC. At least I will not loose data that I shot yesterday.

As soon as It's done, I will try to hook up the camera to my rother's PC which is Windows XP and see if the performance issue is resolved. If it will I will blame everything on Vistas disk.sys driver that is being used for canons device. After that I'm planning to return this camera to the store and get HV30, then buy stabilizer and get rollin'

I have 2 questions :

1. Is MTS and m2ts same? it looks like files on camera are MTS and after transfer to pc they are m2ts. Is quality lost?

2. I want to check out Sony's hdrsr12 before I buy hv30. is there any difference between hdrsr11 and 12 other than hard drive space?
    Quote Quote