VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Obviously, I'm new, but I've been going to this site for help for previous problems and it always helped. I'm not sure what category to put this under.

Here's my current problem:

I have an avi file that has subtitles, which I'm unable to view.

Usually, if the subtitles are included in the avi file, I can play them without any issues on WMP, and if that fails, DIVX player handles it.

I have a folder with the following files: avi, MSInfo Document, WinRar archive, IDX, and Sub.

I extracted the sub from the WinRAR archive.

Before I extracted the sub file, the avi file would play perfectly (except it didn't have subtitles). Now that the sub file has been extracted, it will not play at all. WMP just sits there and doesn't play it.

I have a folder for a different video that plays the subtitles just fine: the only differences between the two folders (besides being different films) are that there's a SMIL multimedia presentation file instead of the MSInfo Document and the sub file came with the download (and without a WinRAR archive).

All the files have the same name. Only the idx file does include its type in the name: "file.idx" instead of just "file."

I tried changing the name of the sub file from "file" to "file.sub" and there was no change.
    I also downloaded UnRARdll, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, and I don't know how to use it (I got it because it seemed to solve this problem for other people).

Mainly, I would like to watch my avi file with subtitles on WMP.

If possible, I would like to burn the folder to a DVD and watch it on a DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you have vsfilter / directvobsub installed?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

I have the exact same problem...
    Yes, I have K-Lite Codec Pack with DirectVobSub installed...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,

It seems that clicking on MOD32 Fix in General tab in DirectVobSub Configuration window solved the problem...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks! Checking the codec helped -it's working now.
    Quote Quote