VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used ripit4me, dvd decrypter, n shrink which gave me a great dvd, but will only play on my pc. i tried using divx to dvd but only got some 19FB file i dont know what to do with. any suggestions on how to convert my movies into a readable format for my dvd player. i am new to this so pretend u are talking to a 10 year old.....who knows little about computers! thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You say this,
    "used ripit4me, dvd decrypter, n shrink which gave me a great dvd, but will only play on my pc. Then this "i tried using divx to dvd." why use divxtodvd when you already have a "great DVD"....
    Explain from the start your steps/methods used...
    If you've already burned a so-called "great dvd" what media(blank discs)did you use.....
    And if we pretend you're a 10 year old, you might ask mommy for permission first...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  3. And are you sure your DVD player even plays burned DVDRs? Check the player database for yours to see if there are any comments about that one way or the other:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i used ripit4me then dvd decrypter then dvd shrink. this worked fine on my pc. but when it did not work on my dvd player, i also tried to run it through divx to dvd to see if it would make it compliant with my dvd player. no luck. i have a philips dvp 642 which should, and has run dvdr. i read here that dvd decrypter is out of date n i should use dvdfab instead. any thoughts on that? oh yeah, n i meant i am computer inexperienced (which means explain it to me like im an idiot, thats all!). thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well since you state that using the above tools,it works fine on your pc,then maybe you don't need FAB for this particular flick...However you will eventually need DVDFab,IMO...
    Do you now have a compliant VIDEO_TS folder on your pc? Does it play all the way through? If so ,than just maybe your standalone doesn't like the media (disc)you burned, what is it,and what tool was used to burn it?How did you burn it?
    Maybe try ripping with DVDFab HD Decrypter> DVDShrink>then burn with IMGBurn....
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/f153/guide-simple-dvd-backup-using-dvdfab-hd-decrypter-dvd-sh...mgburn-234028/
    http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?s=a96bb38c0927a25eb20e26dab5e14136&showtopic=4632
    Hope these guide help...
    And there really is no need to use DivxtoDVD ,since you've already ripped it to your HDD(pc) successfully, so you say!...
    Just curious but ,you're not trying to convert divx/AVI to DVD right?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using nexxtech dvdr, n burning with the software that came with my pc. the software has burnt successful other disks. im gonna try your suggestion with fab>decrypt>img. thanks for the help. more to come
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'd definitely use better media,and what burn SW came with the PC?
    Verbatim and TY (Taiyo yuden ) media are very reliable....
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i got it to work. i used dvdfab>dvdshrink>imgburn. worked like a charm. thanks for all the help, much appreciated
    Quote Quote