VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I originally captured a video from a VHS tape into an mpg file. Then I converted it to DVD format and now I have a DVD. The only thing though is that my DVD has just 1 track. What could I use to break it up into chapters and sections? I'm new at this and not sure what program to use. Is there a freeware program that will do this?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Quote  
  2. the authoring program you used to make the mpg into a dvd is where you need to add chapters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh I see. I did that a couple years ago. I think I used this software that came with the Dazzle card called Pinnacle Studio. I don't think I have the mpg anymore. I wonder if I can decode the dvd back to an mpg. Maybe that program will do that also.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can demux the DVD's VOB files to their elementary streams using PgcDemux (freeware), and then re-author the DVD with whatever chapter points you want to place.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool Thanks. I'll give that a try.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use VobBlanker to add chapters to an already authored DVD without having to demux or reauthor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was trying to use this Pinnacle Studio program to add chapters. That program is a pain in the butt to use. I downloaded a trial version of TMPGEnc and it was much easier to use.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For a simple solution, import your DVD into TDA, add your desired chapter points, it'll make you a menu with your new chapters, burn.
    Quote Quote