VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used MacTheRipper to rip a DVD that I bought to my hard drive, then dragged the Video_TS folder into Popcorn to make a hard copy. When it was finished, I opened up the DVD player that came with my MacBook and the DVD played fine. However, when I put it in the DVD player to watch it on my TV, nothing happened. (The player displayed "!Format Unsupported) I know it's not a problem with my disks (DVD+R) because I've used them successfully after burning using another program.

If I could have some suggestions from those of you who have successfully used MTR/Popcorn to copy commercial DVDs, that would be great :]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know anything about MacTheRipper?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Put the offending DVD into your Mac and look at the structure of the disc. The Video_TS folder must reside in the root level of the DVD (and not be the root level of the disc). In addition, the format of the disc must be UDF. If either of these things isn't the case, it will never play in your set-top DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Another thing that can possibly generate errors like that on a player is the player refusing to play PAL video when it's an NTSC player, or vice versa.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote