VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I need to copy alot of dvdr-5s, have 2 burners on my PC, and would like to burn on the fly (direct from one burner to the other, not saving to the HD). What's the best freeware for this? I don't think Imgburn/Decryptor does it. I've tried Nero 6 (which works for fine for regular burns) but had mixed results with direct duplication.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Although I'm sure something like you describe exists, I haven't used any freeware application that gives satisfactory on-the-fly copy results for me. The best DVD to DVD copy software I've ever used is Alcohol 120% which isn't freeware but is available on a trial basis for evaluation and a link for download is available from this website. In addition to providing for on-the-fly copying, it also offers multiple burner support but cannot rip copy protected DVDs by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  3. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    If you insist upon burning directly between 2 burners, you probably need an all-SATA system (including the burners), and may have to write at the slowest speed possible to get reliable results (like at 2.4x or less write speed). But I'm doubtful that this can work very well with any software. Reading data from a DVD is typically slow, while good reliable writing to a DVD needs to have fast access to the data. That means the best way is to copy the data to your primary hard drive and write it from there, in which case you can write it reliably about 8-16x with good quality media and a fast dedicated system. By dedicated I mean you shouldn't be trying to multitask other software and jobs at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by spiritgumm
    I don't think Imgburn/Decryptor does it.
    Imgburn can do it. It's the only software I use for copying on-the-fly. If you want to try it follow the instructions from the link below.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic322631.html#1659887
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the informed warning, JohnnyBob. I'll still give Pinstripes23's Imgburn directions a shot.
    Quote Quote