VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I try to load subtitles into Media player classic I get the following message:

To load subtitles you have to change the video renderer and reopen the file.
    -DirectShow: VMR7/VMR9(renderless) of Haali Video Renderer
    -Real Media: Special renderer for RealMedia, or open it through DirectShow
    -Quicktime: DX7 or DX9 renderer for QuickTime

(I have K-Lite Codec Pack 4.0.0 installed)

I'm I newbie, so I don't understand what do I have to do

Help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use vsfilter / directvobsub together with media player classic instead. Install it and then name the video and subtitle the same like video.avi and video.srt and play the avi in mpc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I'm trying to play a dvd with external subtitles, but I found out I can change the settings as listed above in the view->options menu.
    But I still have some sort of interferences on the picture, but only on some dark parts of the picture.
    Any idea what could this be? They don't appear in other WinDVD nor PowerDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    how if i want to play a DVD with external subtitle .srt on WIndows Media Player 11.
    I've got vosub and directvosub, but it seems it cannot be load automatically on WMP 11?
    Can u show me the detailed instructions?
    Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use instead media player classic if you want to play a DVD with external subtitles. Open the DVD and then load the subtitle under File->Load subtitle.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So ur saying that we cannot load external subtitle with Windows Media Player 11. Cause i once manage to automatically load the external subtilte, but i don't know how, somehow i cannot do that again.
    Anyway, if i play the DVD on media player classis the sound is stuttered, is there any wrong with my settings
    Quote Quote