VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a freeware dvd authoring tool to combine different video files (avi, divx, wma etc) and create a video only dvd to be played on $30 DVD player purchased from the supermarket nowadays. This will be used to collect several different family member contrbuted video and be distributed to grandmas and grandpas without computer access.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    FAVC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy
    Thank you for the fast response. Now I selected my videos and creating the DVD folder on the background. Now comes the second part of that question, what is a freeware dvd burner program which will take the FAVC output dvd folder and burn it to a blank dvd without much fuss ?

Thanks again in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    imgburn will burn a DVD folder - and is free.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kbflower
    I am looking for a freeware dvd authoring tool to combine different video files (avi, divx, wma etc) and create a video only dvd to be played on $30 DVD player purchased from the supermarket nowadays. This will be used to collect several different family member contrbuted video and be distributed to grandmas and grandpas without computer access.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help in advance.
    I always foudn DVDFlick to be a good simple prgram to use for this too, you just add your videos & make the ISO, from what i remember...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by olyteddy
    Well, my first dvd got created fine but when I come to an about 2 hours long wedding video, which I am able to watch using VLC player and/or Windows media player, says can not open this video file because either the codec is not installed or Avisynth level is below the 2.5.7. I downloaded and installed avisynt 2.5.7 just before installing FAVC after reading the installation prerequisites. I made sure that I have the right codec installed. I used Gspot and and found out that AVI file was encoded as divx format and gspot says the codec is installed.

What do I need to do so that FAVC can recognize this video file ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IDK, the author, 'Mr_Odwin' has a thread or two going over at Doom9 though. Since your last post is about a problem with FAVC and not strictly related to your original question, you might ask a mod to split it off as a new post here too.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What type of video is it ?

Prior to 1.07, FAVC would not process mpg files. If you are still on an older version, try updating to the current one.

Otherwise, tell us what type of video you are using, what compression it uses etc.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote