VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have just recorded my first solo with the help of few friends . But I am confused about whether I should go for CD Duplication or Replication. Can anyone help me in making the final decision?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All discs that are sold in stores are replicated -- that is, mass-produced at a disc pressing factory. I think most replicators require a minimum order of 1000 discs. If you only want to distribute a few dozen copies to friends, you can have the work duplicated -- that is, burned on a CD-burner, or a rack of several CD burners. It all depends on your expectations for the final output. I suggest you burn a few copies cheaply to gauge the demand for your work. If lots of people are really hot for it, you can send it to a replicator for commercial production.

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I would amend that last statement to update that most replicators now have minimum orders for CDs of 300-500 discs (although the cost per disc isn't quite as good).

How "permanent" and "professional" do you want this recording to be? If tops, then go replication, if less so, duplication would be fine. Think also, not just about the pressing, but of the disc printing and packaging...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I worked with these guys in the past - www.hqsduplication.net They're pretty good. I dunno if they still do, but I had them do a VERY short run - 30 disks only.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I discovered this company in San Jose they will do 100 ~ 300 replicated CD (not the duplicated ones) for $320. The quality is as good as the normal big run with full-color offset printing. New Cyberian, http://www.newcyberian.com
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've used those guys before. Pretty decent work.
    Quote Quote