VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If I had a *.ts file & a *.srt file, how can I add the srt(subtitle) permanent into the ts file?
    i.e. I do not need any soft to load the subtitle, I can direct play the ts file c/w the subtitle display
    Would it be possible??
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you want to hardcode into the video stream (i.e not use DirectVobSub), you would have to extract the video stream (using something like TsMuxeR), reencode the video stream with the subs, then reassemble the .ts with TsMuxeR

What software you use to hardcode the video stream depends on what kind of stream you have (i.e. it might be h.264, VC-1, or MPEG-2 stream)

Either way, you will lose quality since you are re-encoding using a non lossless codec.

You can include subtitles with TsMuxeR into the transport stream (in the container, not hardcoded into the video stream), but I think you still need software to load the subtitle (like DirectVobSub)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I had used TsMuxeR & add the TS & SUB file (Converted from the SRT file) together for TS muxing. Afterwards, I have the result TS file shown it contain a PGS(subtitle) read from TsMuxeR, but the subtitle cannot be loaded directly through that TS file?
    I want to hardcode the subtitle into the video as I want to play it through the Digital TVB receiver/decoder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by elmc
    Actually, I had used TsMuxeR & add the TS & SUB file (Converted from the SRT file) together for TS muxing. Afterwards, I have the result TS file shown it contain a PGS(subtitle) read from TsMuxeR, but the subtitle cannot be loaded directly through that TS file?
    I want to hardcode the subtitle into the video as I want to play it through the Digital TVB receiver/decoder
    Yes, the PGS stream isn't always displayed correctly

To hardcode the subtitle into the video stream, follow the instructions above. You have to provide more information (on the type of codec) if you want more instructions. Use mediainfo (view=>text)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply, & I have tried to use mediainfo & see that the format is in 'Advanced Video Codec', then how can I do to achieve the hardcoded subtitle??
    Hence, I've use mediainfo to check the files supported with my Digital TVB receiver/decoder, the ts file subtitle format is 'DVB Subtitles', can I do something to encode the TS file (subtitle format) like this??
    Quote Quote  
  6. What is your end goal file format? Did you want to hardcode subs, then remux back into .ts? or something more accessible like .mp4, .mkv, or .avi container?

There are many different kinds of .ts streams, and there is more than 1 way to do this.

Probably the easiest way is to use xvid4psp (don't let the name fool you, it does a lot more than psp conversions). Simple to use, and has many conversion options. You can mux the output back into a .ts if you wanted with TsMuxeR.

If you have a problematic kind of .ts, you might have to do it manually with avisynth scripts and DirectShowSource(). Give xvid4psp a shot first, and if you are still having a problems, post a sample clip here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I've a .ts or .mkv file which format read from mediainfo in 'Advanced Video Codec', I want to hardcode the subtitle into that video result as .ts file.
    I've use xvid4psp, but preview can see nothing after open my desire .ts / .mkv file, beside, if I encode the file which give

VIDEO ENCODING
    ------------------------------
    Encoding video to: C:\Temp\0005.264
    x264 Q21.0 16x16 23.976fps (1889 frames)
    x264 [error]: could not open input file 'C:\Temp\0005.avs'
    Quote Quote  
  8. The hardcoded stream must have specifications similar to the original, otherwise it might not be compatible with your DVB device. For example, it might need to be AVC level 3 or below, less than 3 B-frames, a certain bitrate maximum, etc...

So - Please post a small sample of your .ts and a subtitle file (srt)

You can use a free host, like mediafire or megaupload
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After I've install / uninstall a series of software, I think something crash, Now I've use TsMuxer to convert a .mkv file to .ts file, afterward, the converted ts file play in no audio from KM player, the mkv file have audio 1 : A_DTS & audio 2: A_VORBIS
    Quote Quote