VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an hdtv avc mkv file,and when i play it back with an external srt subtitle it seem to be lagging.Playback is either jerky and/or asynchronous.

When i rename the srt so it doesn't match the name and is nto loaded playback seems to be fine,and synched perfectly.

How come loading an srt file cause the whol file to be out of synch?

Athlon 64 @2.25 2GB DDR-1 Windows Server 2k3 r2 SP2.Just in case you ask.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What player are you using?
    Are you using vsfilter?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using zoom player pro 6 RC2.I have ffdshow installed and directvobsub of course.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    therock003 wrote:

When i rename the srt so it doesn't match the name and is nto loaded
    playback seems to be fine,and synched perfectly.

How come loading an srt file cause the whol file to be out of synch?
    DirectVobSub is yet another process, which means it also requires CPU-cycles
    and enough bytes on the R.A.M. If your OS is already running too many unnecessary
    applications or services in the background, playing back Hi-Def video
    may become a challenge.
    Quote Quote  
  5. But i just mentioned that playing the file without the sub,it runs fine,loading a subtitle is what's going to stress test the system?

BTW the Directvobsub doesn't load in the tray,maybe it somehow loads the sub internally,maybe it has the vsfilter on an internal basis.

Although on the filter properties it does display DirectVobsub autoloading version.Is this as a result of the vsfilter?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, if your software player does not use vsfilter for displaying subtitles,
    then it may be using ffdshow, or its own built-in subtitle engine. Doesn't matter.
    And if the problem is not the lack of physical resources for the proper
    functioning of the OS and the applications under its umbrella, then probably
    there is some generic setting(or installed software) which somehow interferes
    during the process of displaying the subtitles upon the videos. HTH.
    Quote Quote