VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dear members,

I have bought a Sony HDR SR10. I have installed the software that came along with it. When I try to transfet the HDD clips it does not recognisse in the PICTURE MOTION BROWSER, the utility recommended by them. When the camcorder is connected I am able to view the clips through AVCHD player. I have also installed the latest software patch recommended by Sony Asia pacific support that is the version 3.0.05. That also did not help. I again called support and now they advise me that some codec from some other software is interfering with Sony PICTURE MOTION BROWSER. They have advised me to uninstall all programs that could do this. I have i tunes, real player, VLC player, winamp, power DVD and the list is endless.

Does anyone know in their experience what is interfering with the Sony software or do I have to install anything else to neutralise this mismstch. If there is a genuine codec mismatch can anyone tell me which is likely causing this?

Your help is much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found the answer from a different forum and it works fine for me.
    "The solution is to disable "MPEG TS splitter (Haali)" with the Codec Tweak Tool.

With that filter disabled, the Sony Picture Motion Browser software should work correctly.

When you are done using the Sony software, it is recommended to re-enable the filter. Otherwise you might not be able to play your avchd files in other players (such as MPC and WMP).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry if I missed this, but yes, that was my solution as well (disabling Haali).
    Quote Quote