VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I had some MJPG/PCM avis, that didn't work with a stand-alone DVD player. I joined avis and converted them to xvid. Now the avi plays, but audio is very bad, partly like mickey mouse voice. Do i have to convert that PCM to MP3? Or can the problem be in framerate, which is 15fps.

Audio is PCM audio 11024Hz 88 kb/s (1 chnl) .
    Quote Quote  
  2. Convert audio to 44.1 KHz or or 48 KHz. Might as well convert to MP3 too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. What's a good program for that?

Edit: I used avi_gain. Audio is now 0x0055 MPEG "2.5" Layer 3, 11025Hz 64 kb/s , Monophonic . Should it work now?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Digiface
    Audio is now 0x0055 MPEG "2.5" Layer 3, 11025Hz 64 kb/s , Monophonic . Should it work now?
    Maybe. It will depend on your player. 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz and 128 kbps is safer. Many players don't like low sample rates and low bitrates.
    Quote Quote  
  5. How can i change it with avi_gain?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I don't know anything about avi_gain. I would use VirtualDub.

1) File -> Open Video File
    2) Video -> Direct Stream Copy
    3) Audio -> Full Processing Mode
    4) Audio -> Conversion, select 44100Hz, 16-bit, Mono or Stereo, High Quality.
    50 Audio -> Compression, select codec (I would use Lame MP3) and parameters.
    6) File -> Save as AVI
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yeah, but theres no Audio menu.

Edit: i found it!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Are you using VirtualDubMod? Then the audio parameters are in Streams -> Stream List. Right click on the audio stream and select the prameters.

I took a quick look at avi_gain. I think you can change the batch file so that the line that extracts the audio as a WAV file also converts it to 44100 Hz. I'm not sure of the exact syntax since I don't use ffmpeg but it looks like it will be "-ar 44100".

ffmpeg -i %1 -vn -ar 44100 -y a-gain.wav
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks, got it work using virtualdubmod and lame mp3.
    Quote Quote