VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using DIX to make images of my HDD for about six weeks now. My HDD contains about 44Gb of programs, data, OS ,etc. The images created by DIX are about 42BG and have been for 4 weeks now. This morning, looking at last nights session, I notice that the image in only 26GB although themy HHD is still about 44GB. Nothing has changed in the command line that I have been using all along.

Command line follows;
    "C:\Program Files\Runtime Software\DriveImage XML\dixml.exe" /bc /tD:\Driveimage\%Xdate%_Backup /r- /s- /c- /v

The %Xdate% is a variable generated to provide todays date. RAW is NO, COMPRESS is NO and SPLIT is NO.

Anybody got any ideas why the image suddenly is smaller?
    Bill
    William Lockie
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run out of free HDD space maybe...or the backup aborted or had some other failure.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Run out of free HDD space maybe...or the backup aborted or had some other failure.
    Krispy Critter,
    My error, the backup dat should have 4.2GB NOT 42 GB. Nevertheless, I disk has approx. 440GBof free space. I think that would be enough. I believe there is something else is happening.
    On another forum it was recommended that I change the policies if the drive was an USB drive. It is but I have not had a chance to check that out,
    Bill
    William Lockie
    Quote Quote