VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not know where to begin - I have a Panasonic vdr-d220 which uses the little dvds. The ad info "said" you can take it (the DVD ram) out of the camera and play in MOST DVD players NOT! (Yes, I know that you have to finalize the other types) Now I am trying to copy the little DVD-ram ( contains DVD_RTAV folder which contains VR_mangr.ifo, vr.mangr.bup, vr_movie.vro and default.pls) to a DVD+RW disk which I hope I can give to others. I have bought a new DVD BURNER (hp dvd1040e EXTERNAL) which had NERO. I already had a DVD reader and a CD RW on the PC with ROXIO. I have tried copying the VR_MOVIE.VRO to my hard drive & then to the DVD BURNER. EVERYTHING I have tried fails - mostly I get the message that the DVD OR CD is not compatible - or please insert a blank disk. I have tried so many different ways to do this . . . . even I forget what all I have done.
    I bought the DVD CAMCORDER for ease of use - to take movies of my new grandson . . . he is now 6 months old and I cannot even get movies we can watch!

I have read everything I thought might direct me on this site - but I cannot figure out where to begin - or where I am going in wrong. Is the first thing I have to do is copy everything in the DVD_RTAV folder to my hard drive and then rename the .VRO file to something else? Do I copy the DVD RAM hard drive & then use one of the "CONVERTER" softwares you have discussed?
    Quote Quote  
  2. if you put the dvd-ram in the hp drive can you right click on the drive icon and select explore? does it display the contents of the disk? if so copy the .vro file(s) to folder on your hard drive. if you have tmpgenc dvd author you can import them directly and author a dvd, or some of the all-in-one's like convertxtodvd can use them. if you aren't familiar with dvd authoring i would recommend convertx, download the free trial and check it out. it should allow you to add up to about 1.5 hours worth of vro files without having to re-encode and put them on a single dvd.
    Quote Quote