VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Frequently I clean up spyware and viruses on customers computers at my home where I have a LAN connected to a satellite broadband connection (Hughes). Usually I'll plug in a Network cable from my Switch Box to their computer so I can download an anti-virus program or maybe pick up some updates and this all works fine even though they have a different high speed ISP than I do. Their HighSpeed Connection may be CableOne or ClearWire or MSN or something similar and when I connect their computer to my network it reconfigures and works great. The problem is ..... When they take their computer back home, they are UNABLE to connect BACK to the Internet. Their network connection does not re-configure automatically back to their ISP and I don't know how to instruct them other than tell them to contact their ISP. I'm probably overlooking something simple and if someone can help me I would certainly appreciate it!
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." - THOMAS JEFFERSON .. 1776
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    with winXP right click - my network places/properties - right click on the local area connection/repair. older ms os used start run cmd ipconfig /renew. vista right click - network and in the left panel diagnose and repair.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Aedipuss,
    I'll put that in my "Diagnostics" folder for future use!

I appreciate your response.
    "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms." - THOMAS JEFFERSON .. 1776
    Quote Quote