VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I got 4 video cd of my cousins marriage from india. one of those is working fine but other three just play abt 5 seconds and then stuck. i can't even play those 3 video cd on my dell e 3100 and i can't even copy. I tried a lots of software but so far not able to copy it. i even tried free codec extraction software for avseq.dat file but doesn't work.

all these cds were created in India
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its like i have the same problem as this guy had.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic259355.html?highlight=avseq%20dat

can't copy or play a VCD
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried isobuster? To extract the video from the vcd.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i get the following message

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    did you right click on the .dat file and chose extract only m2f2 frames?

if you are getting this while doing it that way then the disc is damaged. look for scratches/or missing media. hold it in front of a light and if you can see clearly through it anywhere it's toast.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    still not working
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Burnatonce will happily copy a VCD, as long as it's not too damaged. If burnatonce rejects the VCD as have the other tools, try using the mpeg tools in tmpgenc and VCDEasy in an attempt to regenerate a valid mpeg stream. VCDGear also has a limited ability to repair defective mpeg streams, so you might want to try that, too.

Also try a different drive to read the discs. Different drives have different tolerance to defects and media types, so you might have better luck with another CDROM drive.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the reply but its still not workiong.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if nothing will play them or read the data, the cds are damaged. hang them on a string and use them as a mobile.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by desiboy1436
    i get the following message

You get that message when there is a mechanical fault in the CD such as a scratch.
    Just tick the ignore all box and then click the ignore button.Isobuster might seem to hang. It does not, and continues working. It can take a very long time but it will extract the video.
    It is a bad disc and you need patience
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just to set expectations realistically, understand that VCDs make a serious tradeoff in reliability in exchange for a 15% increase in capacity: Much of the space used by error-correction in ordinary data CDs is instead used for movie data. That means that scratches and other damage have much more serious consequences for VCDs than they do for other types of CDs. If you are lucky, then persistence with ISOBuster or other tools may allow you to recover enough of the movies to give you a watchable result. However, the probability of success is limited fundamentally by the very nature of how VCDs sacrifice error tolerance for increased capacity. There is an uncomfortably high probability that you will not succeed.

All I can say is, good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello friends. I got the same problem. I was trying to copy dat files from vcd to harddisk there were problems and i couldn't copy. However i copied it with TotalCommander 7.03.
    Be careful earlier version of this software didn't work.
    Try this one good luck
    Quote Quote