VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an avi file wherein there is hardsub english subtitles, the problem is the font color of the subtitle use is very dark, very hard to read, I want to change the font color to a lighter color.

Is there a way to change a certain color in an avi video to another color?

For example, the font color used in the video is pink, I want to change all the pink color in my video to yellow.

Please advice any software, plugin that can do this.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try ColorMill and VirtualDub: colormill2.1.1.zip It has quite a few color adjustments available. You may be able to change a color without too much affect on the rest of the video. But you will have to re-encode the video, which will give you some quality loss.

A bit more advanced would be a program that used chroma keying or similar. Others would have to give you info on that. It's how a 'green screen' is set up. It can be set for a single color. Most likely you will have that same color you are trying to change somewhere in the video and you may end up with a problem when it shows.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Had tried the colormill plugin of virtualdub and it does not have the feature I need. The colormill basically controls the color settings of the whole video clip.

What I need is a plugin or tool that can let me specify the original color and final color. For example :

original color : blue
    final color : red

So it will change all the blue color in the video clip and change it to color red.

Anybody have other ideas or tips? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Look for some green screen composting software that's flexible enough to let you specify which color is transparent. Then use a solid color background to show through the transparent area.

Here's someone who did something similar with AviSynth: http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-56277.html

AviSynth has some color key masking tools too: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Internal_filters#Overlay_and_Mask_filters
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CineGobs Keyer might be able to do this as well. Same theory, visual tool.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote