VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Tried to upload a music video for the Weepies "Hideaway" video contest. It took longer than an hour to upload (which apparently doesn't work on the site.) The file is 601mb avi. I'm thinking I should try to compress it to a smaller size in vegas but I'm not sure how to do that. When I go to File> Render in Vegas, I can't get any other codecs besides avi to use. And yes I know the entry period is over but other people have had problems too and so there may be some wiggle room.
    Here's the forum where people (including me- I'm James) posted.
    http://www.imeem.com/weepiesvideochallenge/forums/JTMlVuiQ/EocXkB9i/questions_regardin...lenge/#8LfzZzd

And the main page
    http://www.imeem.com/weepiesvideochallenge
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    File -> Render As -> Save As Type will show you all the containers available to you. Vegas 4 will probably have a smaller list than later versions, but WMV should be available, and even if you choose AVI, you can click on Custom to change the codec being used and set it to create a smaller file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I actually found some other options the very next day by accident. What version of Vegas is out now? Would an upgrade be reccomended. I don't think 4 even has the contrast level adjustment settings. (Whites, midtones and shadows) Not being able to adjust the black levels has been so annoying. There is also not a way to adjust the saturation for just the whites, midtones, or blacks. Some filter that could make a 1 ccd picture look more like vivid 3 ccd would be nice too.
    And I was able to upload it to youtube so you can see it for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj5l_ihCCpg
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are currently three different versions of VEGAS according to the SONY website:

1.) Vegas Movie Studio for a MSRP of $74.95 US Dollars
    2.) Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition for a MSRP of $114.95 US Dollars
    3.) Vegas Pro 8 for a MSRP of $549.95 US Dollars

When most people around these parts talk about VEGAS they are usually referring to the "full blown" PRO version although version 8 is rather new as I understand it ... most are still using version 7.x I think.

Although I admit it would be nice to have Vegas Pro 8 it seems to me that the Vegas Movie Studio Platinum Edition has many of the same features and I am guessing is "good enough" for most folks. I do see more Blu-Ray HD options in the Pro version though so if you actually have some sort of HD camcorder the Pro version may be the way you have to go if you want HD from start to finish.

Of course I am no Vegas expert myself ...

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote