Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    tdeint(1) converted from 29.97 fps to 59.94 fps
    ConvertFPS(50) converted from 59.94 fps to 50 fps
    SeparateFields() converted from 50 fps to 100 fields per sec
    SelectEvery(4,1,2) converted 100 fields per sec to 50 fields per sec
    Weave() converted 50 fields per sec to 25 fps

In the end, the running time is exactly the same but the video is 25 fps.
    ah 25fps thank you very much for this explanation jagabo!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. By the way, the result of that script is 25 fps interlaced so be sure to encoded to MPEG as interlaced for DVD.

And that script isn't optimal for telecined NTSC video. It's for full 59.94 field per second video (29.97 interlaced frames per second). 45tripp took me to literally when I said your source was interlaced. Your source is telecined so it has a mix of progressive and interlace frames. The best way to convert to PAL, as mentioned earlier is to inverse telecine back to 23.976 fps film frames, then speed it up to 25 fps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    By the way, the result of that script is 25 fps interlaced so be sure to encoded to MPEG as interlaced for DVD.

And that script isn't optimal for telecined NTSC video. It's for full 59.94 field per second video (29.97 interlaced frames per second). 45tripp took me to literally when I said your source was interlaced. Your source is telecined so it has a mix of progressive and interlace frames. The best way to convert to PAL, as mentioned earlier is to inverse telecine back to 23.976 fps film frames, then speed it up to 25 fps.
    oh all this seems a bit to difficult for me ...but when I now covert my subtitles so they fit to 25FPS instead of 29.97 then they still aren't synced with my video ...do I have to convert my video to PAL the way you suggest and then my subtitles will work? Or what shall I do

cheers

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think you can convert subtitles from PAL<=>NTSC with subtitle workshop. There are presets for input and output FPS

Even easier: You can probably find subs PAL or NTSC subs for any movie just doing a <SEARCH> on a subtitle database

Spend that 5$ to buy the DVD!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    I think you can convert subtitles from PAL<=>NTSC with subtitle workshop. There are presets for input and output FPS

Even easier: You can probably find subs PAL or NTSC subs for any movie just doing a <SEARCH> on a subtitle database

Spend that 5$ to buy the DVD!
    yeah I can also change to NTSC with SubtitleCreator but are my .m2v a NTSC still when I have changed all these FPS settings in my script?...but ill try to create a project with these NTSC settings...and yeah I will probably spend some money to buy this DVD instead ... :P

ty for answering

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  6. What type of subtitles to you have? After 45tripp's script subs that are time based (like SRT) won't need any conversion because the running time is exactly the same. Subs that are frame number based will need conversion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well I got these FPS based subtitles...which I have now converted to NTSC subtitles in SubtitleCreator...I made a simpel project in GfD and they worked!!!...I'll now "create my DVD" onse again and see if they work in the "big" project as well...but I think everything will be alright now!

will inform you in about 2-3 h how my project went...(yes it takes so long time to create all my .ifo/.vob and more.... files)

THANKS for all your help!!!... hope it will work this time

michcio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok I have now "created DVD" in my big project as well and my subtitles work perfectly!!! I'll now just shrink all my .m2v a bit and then burn my DVD..I hope it will work in my player as well...

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!

michcio
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote