VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. michio: I'm guessing that you don't have a proper directshow filter installed, that is why mpc and HcEnc are freezing, yet both vdubmod and avisource() work for you.

DirectShowSource() uses - yes you guessed it - Directshow.

AviSource() uses VFW (video for windows), as does the vdub family.

This is why I suggested ffdshow. (but you still have to enable DivX in the ffdshow configuration)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    It also shouldn't cause HcEnc to freeze. There is obviously something wrong with the file or with your system. If you use DirectShowSource() with other AVI files does HcEnc freeze? Or is it just that one file? When does HcEnc freeze? As soon as you open the file? As soon as you start encoding? A while later? Always at the same point?
    yeah when I use DirectShowSource() with other AVI files HCEnc freezes...it freezes when I open my .avs file then select TO use ffdshow I see that in the info panel there is written "AVS file opened, Avisynth.dll loaded"...so it freezes after I click "OK" in the "ffdshow window" wait about 1 sec and then it totaly freez. (So as soon as I open my .avs file)...and yes it's always at the same point :/...how do I fix this weird problem :S...maybe I have selected something wrong while installing the ffdshow here is what I have selected:

cheers

michcio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray
    michio: I'm guessing that you don't have a proper directshow filter installed
    how do I install this filter?? ffdshow?

DirectShowSource() uses - yes you guessed it - Directshow.

AviSource() uses VFW (video for windows), as does the vdub family.

This is why I suggested ffdshow. (but you still have to enable DivX in the ffdshow configuration)
    As said I have already downloaded ffdshow...look at my screenshots from my last post there is DivX chosen as well...so what's the problem ??

regards

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  4. My guess would be that you didn't install it correctly. You are using DirectShowSource() in an avs script, yet didn't checkmark it for script serving?? Make sure it's enabled (2nd pic)

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ops sorry!!!!!...but I have now installed this two things and DivX 5/6/7 is the same as at your picture ...but HCEnc still freezes
    Quote Quote  
  6. does it freeze in mpc? (playing the .avs)? what about playing the .avi?

can you playback the .avi normally in vlc?

open your avisynth\plugins directory, is there a DirectShowSource.dll in there?

type run and enter this:
    regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\quartz.dll

post your full script here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    does it freeze in mpc? (playing the .avs)? what about playing the .avi?
    yes it still freezes in MPC but the .avi file works fine!

can you playback the .avi normally in vlc?
    yes I can...but play back? you must mean play forward?...that's what I mean :P

open your avisynth\plugins directory, is there a DirectShowSource.dll in there?
    yes the .dll file is in there!!

type run and enter this:
    when I type this I got an error (0x80070005)

post your full script here
    haven't I already post it... but ok here it's again :

Code:
    # -= AviSynth v2.5.7.0 script by FitCD v1.2.8 =-
    DirectShowSource("Filename.avi", fps=29.97, audio=false)
    Crop(8,0,704,480)
    #Trim(0,200208).FadeOut(150)
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm assuming that wasn't the "full" script, because there is no directory path. I'm assuming you got the path correct

Take the crop off for now (or insert#)

Try taking the spaces out of the script.

You need to register quartz.dll for directshow. I don't know how it works under Vista but that was what (regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\quartz.dll) was for. Try run=> regsvr32 quartz.dll

Are you running as administrator?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by michcio
    type run and enter this:
    when I type this I got an error (0x80070005)
    I suspect you must have administrator privileges to run that.

http://www.security-hacks.com/2007/04/26/vista-run-cmd-as-administrator

I doubt an unregistered quartz.dll is your problem though. If that was the case you would have all kinds of problems playing media files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm assuming that wasn't the "full" script, because there is no directory path. I'm assuming you got the path correct

Take the crop off for now (or insert#)

Try taking the spaces out of the script.

You need to register quartz.dll for directshow. I don't know how it works under Vista but that was what (regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\quartz.dll) was for. Try run=> regsvr32 quartz.dll

Are you running as administrator?
    Yeah I got the path right...Ok SO i have erased crop and taking out the spaces of the script...then I run cmd as adminstrator and then regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\quartz.dll or regsvr32 quartz.dll worked fine!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I suspect you must have administrator privileges to run that.

http://www.security-hacks.com/2007/04/26/vista-run-cmd-as-administrator

I doubt an unregistered quartz.dll is your problem though. If that was the case you would have all kinds of problems playing media files.
    yeah I have now run cmd as adminstrator and then the .dll files become right installed but HCEnc still freezes :S:S
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    please help! why does HCEnc still freez ???
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
  13. Nobody knows what's wrong with your system. Diagnosing and fixing your problem will probably take a lot of work. I wonder if AviSynth needs to be installed with Administrator privileges to be fully functional?

If that doesn't work I would uninstall any codec packs and codecs you may have installed. Uninstall ffdshow and AviSynth. Clean out the registry. Register quartz.dll again. Reinstall AviSynth. See if DirectShowSource() can read a simple uncompressed RGB AVI file. Install ffdshow. Install Divx or Xvid if you don't want to use the MPEG4 ASP decoder in ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah damn :/ it seems like a lot of work ... and I don't even know if I can do all of this properly

Quote Quote  
  15. You could try a Windows repair reinstall.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    but I have just bought a new computer and I don't think anything serious could be wrong with it :/...can't I just test to reinstall the programs I use or simply use another method?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well jagabo I'll then try to do what you told me from the beginning:

I would uninstall any codec packs and codecs you may have installed. Uninstall ffdshow and AviSynth. Clean out the registry. Register quartz.dll again. Reinstall AviSynth. See if DirectShowSource() can read a simple uncompressed RGB AVI file. Install ffdshow. Install Divx or Xvid if you don't want to use the MPEG4 ASP decoder in ffdshow.
    so I start with uninstalling ffdshow and Avisynth but how do I clean the registry??

Quote Quote  
  18. Try ccleaner to clean your registry.

Why don't you use AviSource() ? It worked for you earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Microsoft used to make a free registry cleaning tool but I don't know if it works for Vista. There are commercial products but you probably don't need one if your Vista install is recent and you haven't added a lot of software. Especially if you haven't installed any codec packs like KLite.

If you know how to use RegEdit you might manually check to make sure any Avisynth and ffdshow entries are deleted. And any codec pack entries. That last one is probably difficult since codec packs can install dozens of codecs and other filters and each may have registry entries.

I did a quick test on a Vista system and found that AviSynth's DirectShowSource() worked there. So it's not a simple incompatibility with Vista.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why don't you use AviSource() ? It worked for you earlier.
    yeah it still works but then I have to demux my audio in VirtualDubMod from the .avi file (save my aduio as .ac3) because VirtualDubMod isn't abel to open this kind of audio...but the thing is:

I got about 3 .avs (from 3 different .avi) files with Dolby AC3 sound (wich I can't open in VirtualDubMod)...so I'm demuxing the audio instead...and now two of thoes files are perfectly synced after the encoding (.avi to .m2v) but my third .m2v file isn't synced with its audio at all...therefor I TRY to use DirectShowSource so I can encode the video/audio from the .avs file and not the video from the .avs and audio demuxed from .avi...but that doesn't seem to work as well :/...so how do I do to get a .m2v - and .ac3 file that are perfectly synced from my .avi???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok so I have now found this AC3ACM installer and after installed this I could finally open the AC3 Dolby sound (my .avs file) in VirtualDubMod...but there is still something wrong...when I play up my file the sound is much "lower" then the sound from the beginning...why's that?

Quote Quote  
  22. You were told at least twice to get AC3 ACM for VirtualDub.

AC3 has a normal volume level much lower than MP3, WAV, etc. Turn up the gain if you are converting to MP3 or WAV.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    where I told to get AC3ACM before? :O SORRY then!!! ... ok I have found the gain options when I first turned on the "Use advanced filtering" when I right click on my stream. Then I choose filters->gain...but what shall I select when I press congifure?? From the beginning the "gain number" is 1.000 but when I press OK and try to watch the movie there is an error: "Audio filter graph lacks an output mode"
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    post no2:
    Originally Posted by 45tripp
    but just for in case:
    ac3 acm decompressor
    "I'll give you five dollars if you let me throw a rock at you"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah I know.. sorry!!...I have now opened my .wav (with the wrong volume) in Audacity and changed the Hrz to what my .avi file had from the beginning...then I export the .wav file and I get perfect result!!!!

Quote Quote  
  26. Rather than using VirtualDub's advanced filtering, just use Audio Full Processing mode and the Volume control. Try boosting the audio by 10 dB.

If you want to use advanced filtering:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    hm I'm using VirtualDubMod and not VirtualDub so I will use advanced filtering because I can not find any "Volume control" button

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The saddest part is that it wouldn't kill you to just once graciously take some of the advice offered, give thanks, and enjoy the superior results gained from said advice. Instead you seem to be going out of your way to be rude, stubborn, and pig-headed. I am also surprised at how patient some of the older members have been with this thread, given the lack of respect you have shown.

FWIW - I have three different versions of virtualdub on my machine - virtualdub, virtualdubmod and virtualdubmpeg-2. Each has it's place, and each gets used as appropriate. I suspect that many have at least two versions of virtualdub for similar reasons.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SORRY!!!

but I just get mad when something don't work when it should (as said my computer is a new one)

I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP ALL OF YOU HAVE GIVEN ME!!! BIG THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

and I do take the advice that have been given to me...SORRY once again that I have forgotten about the AC3ACM ...I really should try it before...but I wanted to solve the DirectShowSource() problem first(which I didn't solve to the end so I went back and tried AC3ACM insted wich worked just fine )...

SORRY THAT I DIND'T THANKS ALL OF YOU EARIEL!! ALL THE ADVICE YOU HAVE GIVEN ME HELPED ME A LOT!!!

THANK YOU!!!

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by michcio
    hm I'm using VirtualDubMod and not VirtualDub so I will use advanced filtering because I can not find any "Volume control" button

When someone suggests doing something it would be helpful if you replied saying you tried it, it did or didn't work, and exactly what happened. That way we know what you have tried and that you aren't just ignoring the suggestions. And saying exactly what happened can give clues to the problem.
    Quote Quote