VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been usin' DVD Decrypter for quite awhile now and everythings been coo'..but, i tried this disc & for some thing im getting error code of packet error and failed to read disc at begnning of it.

I'm running 3.5.4.0 version

Gab
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Also having the same problem with another disc called butterfly vampire ---thnxks
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Decrypter hasn't been updated in years because the author was forced by a company affiliated with Hollywood to stop working on it or face the possibility of ruinous legal action against him. With several (at the time) recent court cases going against all DVD decryption software, he had no choice but to stop working on it.

Since then, Sony and some other studios have come up with a way of putting bad sectors on DVDs that breaks DVD Decrypter. DVD players can usually play these DVDs OK because the way that the disc is read by players is a little different from how PCs do it. DVDFab HD Decrypter is free and it can defeat the current copy protection mechanisms. It's made in a country beyond the reach of Hollywood, so that's why they are in business.

Note that variations on this bad sector approach (often using a software copy protection mechanism known as ARCCOS) do occur from time to time and DVDFab HD Decrypter must be updated to deal with them. Get the latest and greatest version and hopefully it will be up to date for these.
    Quote Quote