VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    yeah ofcours sorry I have totaly forgotten about the subtitle colors and DVDSubEdit thanks for reminding me!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I will fix the color with DVDSubEdit in my guide soon but I have one question:

When I automaticly shirnk my DVD-project to 4400 MB I got a result on 5076 MB why??? ...I got 3 .m2v files ...(1,44 + 1,77 + 1,14) MB = 4,35 so what's the problem? Please help!
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I need help with 2 questions :

1):
    I have now shrinked my project to 70% menually (each video to 70%) (though I know borax recommended 80% max ) and I got a result with 4400 MB....before when I automaticly shrinked the whole project to 4400 MB there was written that it will shirnk the project 81%...but that's not true because later when I tryied to burn the automaticly shrinked project there was written that my DVD has 5000 MB...that's really weird...why does it work like this?!

2):
    I have my subtitles in this format again:
    Code:
    00.00.01.000 Text
    The subtitles was already in this format while I downloaded they. Because SubtitleCreator need a start AND an end position I can't convert my subtitles in this program...how do I do please help! (These subtitles are the only one I could find to my movie)

P.S. I have now added the part with the subtitles color at the bottom of my guide

cheers

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  4. When I automaticly shirnk my DVD-project to 4400 MB I got a result on 5076 MB why??? sad.gif...I got 3 .m2v files ...(1,44 + 1,77 + 1,14) MB = 4,35 so what's the problem?
    I don't understand it either (ok, some more is due to audio, subtitles and mux overhead, but this should be considered by GfD as well). Have you used long or very complex animated menus? These are not considered in the size calculation (their size is not known before authoring). Could you post (or send by mail) the .gfd project file and the log file (please zipped!)?

Concerning your subtitle format problem:
    I don't know this format either. But if you are (at least a little bit) familiar with a spreadsheet program (like Excel) you can easily convert it yourself to something suitable. I could help you with some more tips, but I can't explain how to use a spreadsheet program at all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah sure excel there I can simply make a end possition thanks!

ops I have already deleted all my .avis .m2v files and everything because I have burned my DVD already ... but I still got my project thoug (just the structure of it without any movies/pictures) here I post it:

michcio

dvdproject.zip
    Quote Quote  
  6. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you open the subtitles in Subtitle Workshop? Then there is an easier way than bringing the subs through Excel.

Try this: Open the subs in SubtitleWorkshop, select all (Ctrl+a or edit - select all). Go to edit - timings - automatic durations and play a bit with the options there - it will give you end times for all subtitles based on the length of the text. Save as .srt and use this .srt in SubtitleCreator.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok so I have now downloaded Subtitle Workshop (didn't have this program before). When I open my .txt file in this program it outputs the end time directly! But then it gets weird when I try to save this subtitles. (Where do I find the .srt format? Custom format?).. for example wheen I try to save my subtitle as DVD subtitle it saves a file in .sub format but when I open this file it's very weird :S here is how it look like in the beginning (two first lines):

Code:
    {HEAD
    DISCID=
    DVDTITLE=
    CODEPAGE=1250
    FORMAT=ASCII
    LANG=EN
    TITLE=1
    ORIGINAL=ORIGINAL
    AUTHOR=
    WEB=
    INFO=
    LICENSE=
    }
    {T 00:01:39:00
    Tam jest jeszcze kilkoro.
    }
    {T 00:01:40:75

}
    {T 00:01:43:00
    Mamy za ma³o ratowników.
    }
    {T 00:01:44:69
    and the same ltwo lines of my subtitle in the beginning was:

Code:
    00:01:39:Tam jest jeszcze kilkoro.
    00:01:42:Wezwijcie posi³ki.
    I also tried to select all subtitles and set the automatic durations...and then save as .srt with the custom format and I get this result:

two first lines again:

Code:
    Subtitle Workshop - Custom format 

Subtitle number: 1
    Start time (or frames): 00:01:39,000:0000002475
    End time (or frames): 00:01:40,750:0000002519
    Subtitle text: Tam jest jeszcze kilkoro.

Subtitle number: 2
    Start time (or frames): 00:01:42,000:0000002550
    End time (or frames): 00:01:42,999:0000002575
    Subtitle text: Wezwijcie posi³ki.
    why does my output become so weird??

michcio

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    and borax...I have also tried to fix my subtitles in excel (though I think träskmannen's method (using Subtitle Workshop) could be a lot faster).
    But I wasn't abel to make it work:

The first problem that occured was that when I just copy + paste my subtitles to excel the whole line was paste in one squere (for example A1) so A1 had the whole line "00:01:39:Tam jest jeszcze kilkoro."

To fix that I made a program in java-language that read my whole subtitle file and saved two files ... one with only the time and one with only the text so as result I get two files where the first had this line "00:01:39" and the seconds first line was "Tam jest jeszcze kilkoro."

Now when I copy + paste this two files into excel I got one column with the time and one with the Text.

But now a second problem occured...to fix the "end time position" I tested to write =A1+10 in the top of next column (B1)...but my time wasn't saved as an int but as a String in excel so to fix that problem I would be forced to make one more complicated program....

It's where I read träskmannen's post which maybe seems a bit easier :P:P

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On the site (where I got my subtitles from) I have found a place where you can choose in what format you want to have your subtitles saved in ...I selected .srt and got the usual subtitles now with end postions as well!!!!

thanks for all your help!!

michcio

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by borax
    I don't understand it either (ok, some more is due to audio, subtitles and mux overhead, but this should be considered by GfD as well). Have you used long or very complex animated menus? These are not considered in the size calculation (their size is not known before authoring). Could you post (or send by mail) the .gfd project file and the log file (please zipped!)?
    have you looked at my project yet? Yes my project have much of animated stuff in it but do that raise the size of the DVD that much?!

really thankfull for help (I don't understand this fault with the shrink at all )

michcio
    Quote Quote  
  11. ...Yes my project have much of animated stuff...
    That seems to be the cause. As I don't have your animation, I cannot check it. But you can roughly check it yourself:
    For the main menu, the 'additional' video for animated background is the file: Video_ts.vob. For each titleset the 'additional' video for animated background is the file Vts_XX_0.vob (where XX is the number of the titleset). If you add up the sizes for all these files what do you get?
    GfD just assumes 1 MB for a menu. I cannot calculate the sizes for the background animations in advance (their size is not known before encoding the animations and the final size is highly dependent on the content...). Sorry for this 'error' but I don't have a solution for animated menus.
    Quote Quote