VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    yeah I'm sure I have tested 3 times and as you said in a new folder where I had nothing but just my .srt file ... as before just the .sup file is created... but nevermind it works for me with the DVDSubEditor. If you don't have the energy to help me with this paticiular problem anymore it's OK ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really need to get the aduio loop right in GfD though.. I'm really gratfull for your answers!!

Michal
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by michcio
    I just got one more problem if it's OK guys. When I now look at my DVD the audio track isn't looping...instead after one audio has finished another (from another menu) is started...how do I do so my audio loop properly please help!! (I have set loop -> pause 0 under the menu propeties :S)
    No idea. I've never heard about this problem yet. It works flawless if I use it myself. Tested with WinDVD, PowerDVD, MPC and my own SA player (and probably with a lot of other players by different GfD users too).
    You can check the menu cells in ifoedit:
    Load the Video_ts.ifo in ifoedit.
    Open the VMGM_PGCI_UT (click on the [+])
    You should see a PGC-Menu entry for each menu (MainMenu and MainSubMenus)
    If you click on one entry you can see the 'content' in the lower window. Scroll down and check if a line with
    Code:
    1.Post Command                                     (LinkCN) Link Cell 1
    is there. If yes, the loop is 'technically' ok. If not, there is something wrong with your settings in GfD. In this case, please pack the GfD project file and the generated muxman.mxp file in a zip archive and post it here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your response borax!

Originally Posted by borax
    Load the Video_ts.ifo in ifoedit.
    Open the VMGM_PGCI_UT (click on the [+])
    You should see a PGC-Menu entry for each menu (MainMenu and MainSubMenus)
    If you click on one entry you can see the 'content' in the lower window. Scroll down and check if a line with
    Code:
    1.Post Command                                     (LinkCN) Link Cell 1
    is there. If yes, the loop is 'technically' ok. If not, there is something wrong with your settings in GfD. In this case, please pack the GfD project file and the generated muxman.mxp file in a zip archive and post it here.
    Ok so I open my VIDEO_TS.ifo in ifoedit...Then I klick on the VMGM_PGCI_UT (on the [+])
    but then I don't see a PGC-Menu for EACH menu (like you said MainMenu and SubMenus) there is just one PGC 'file' named : "LU_1 (English) PGC-Menu_1"...if I click on this 'file' I get many lines in the lower window where I can see:

Adress (begins at 00000002)
    Description
    Value (dec) and Value (hex)

What am I doing wrong?
    Shall I post the entire project now?

Cheers

Michal
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok. If you have only one MainMenu (withot submenus) then it's normal that there is just one entry. Titlesetmenus are in the other ifo files. Nevertheless if your MainMenu should be looping, you should find the line with the 1. Post command. Should look like this:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by borax
    you should find the line with the 1. Post command. Should look like this:

yeah now I see it ... that's exactly what I can see as well:

Quote Quote  
  7. Then 'technically' it should loop ok. If it doesn't, there is probably something wrong with the audio file. If there is only one menu (here the MainMenu), it is even impossible that the menu plays the audio from a 'following' menu, as this would be in another vob file...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah I know... but that's exactly what's happening ...shall I know post you some files?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OH! I have now solved that problem as well!!! My Fault again or just a really big coincidence...the thing was:

I had a audio nr.1 in menu nr.1
    and then audio nr.2 in menu nr.2

but what showed up now was that audio nr.1 was an audio file that contained both audio nr.1 and audio nr.2

so my nr.1 menu audio looped properly but it was just two audio (in one) instead of just one :P

Thank you all for all that help you have been given me...and that your answers were so fast!

and borax GfD is a really really nice program I don't know what I would have done without it THANK YOU!!! YOU REALLY OWN!!

Regards and BIG thanks

Michal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh! Now when my whole project works fine there showed up that it's to big to be bruned on a DVD-R (4,7 GB) my project (the DVD-folder) is 4,49 GB large and the DVD is 4,38 GB

is there a way to make my project a bit smaller or will I be forced to split this project in two? While I converted my .avi which was 949 MB large to .mpeg, I got a new file which was 1,89 GB ... why does the size go up that much during the convertion?

one thing that also is weird is that GfD shows that the project total size (in the left "folder window") is just 3998 MB...and when I check the size of the created VIDEO_TS the size is 4060 MB
    Quote Quote  
  11. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use a double layer DVD. Another solution is to use DVDShrink to make the project smaller.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by träskmannen
    You can use a double layer DVD. Another solution is to use DVDShrink to make the project smaller.
    yeah sure double layer but I don't need 8 GB DVD size but just my project a little bit smaller (300 MB) so I will try DVD Shrink then

hm DVD Shrink just freezes when I try to open my project in it :S
    Quote Quote  
  13. If it is elementary mpeg2 material (as you use MuxMan it surely is), you can also 'shrink' the video in GfD itself.
    You can either set the shrink factor for each title individually or set a 'global' shrink factor which will be applied to all videos.
    Check it out here:
    http://download.videohelp.com/gfd/Help/VideoFileDialog.html

An sorry, the algorithm to calculate the size has only an accuracy of about 1 or 2%. If I would calculate very accurate, it would take a lot of time which I try to avoid.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    REALLY COOL!!! One more needed option in GfD that works perfectly ...I'm sooo happy that I found your program...and once again congratulation ...you are making a really good job!!!

just one weird thing that occured to me is that while authoring with dvdauthor instead of muxman the videos are hacking sometimes during "fast action" (for example a car chasing)...but while using muxman it works great so nvm

I have now burned my DVD and it works as it should !!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!

Thank you!

Michal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok so I have now successfully burned my DVD but when I open it at my DVD-player (TV) I see that the highlight color was to light (colors are always a bit different at my comp and at my TV...don't know why :S) ...and I had white as normal color...so the user don't see where he is standing (on which button). Can I change this in some way now or do I just need to burn the whole project again?
    Quote Quote  
  16. > colors are always a bit different at my comp and at my TV...don't know why
    That's normal. There are a lot of reasons for this 'mismatch' (different color space: RGB<>YUV, gamma correction...)

> Can I change this in some way now
    On the finished DVD:
    No.
    In the ifo/vob files:
    Yes, with dvdsubedit or pgcedit and some others too. But if you are not familiar with these programs, it is probably easier to rerun the project in GfD...

> with dvdauthor instead of muxman the videos are hacking sometimes
    This is a 'known' problem. Should be much better with the new version (coming soon...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok cool...nice that you are updating the GfD so often too ...well nvm of the colors...they are light but that's not a big problem the main thing is that the DVD works perfect!!

thanks

Michal
    take a look at my DVD-authoring guide :)

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    one more question about SubtitleCreator...why doesn't it read all types of subformats... when I try to open a .txt file which has this paticiular structure:

Code:
    00.00.01 Text
    I got an error in SUbtitleCreator where it's written:

Code:
    Error reading subtitle number 1.
            (Indatasträngen hade ett felaktigt format.)
            (swedish of = The input had wrong format)
    how do I convert this .txt to .sup then?!

regards

michal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by michcio
    one more question about SubtitleCreator...why doesn't it read all types of subformats... when I try to open a .txt file which has this particular structure:

Code:
    00.00.01 Text
    I got an error in SUbtitleCreator
    Well, that;s a weird format,
    It's not SRT:
    Code:
    00:00:09,160 --> 00:00:12,080
    Two minutes to curtain up, c'mon!

00:00:12,080 --> 00:00:13,720
    Two minutes to curtain up.
    No matter what format, (there are several) it needs a starting time and either a duration or an ending time.
    You seem to only have a start time.

Subtitle Workshop can read and write most subtitle text formats, so give that a try.

If you look at the tools it has you may be able to build an SRT file, using automatic duration say.
    But you will need to manipulate your text file somewhat, perhaps in Excel.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah ok I didn't know that SubtitleCreator also needed a ending time ... At first I this format of subtitles {100}{200} Text... but I needed to synhronise them and I needed to convert them to "time" subtitles first...so I did that but I converted them wrong because I erased the ending time ... (dind't know I would need it later in SubtitleCreator...thank you it works now!!!!

Cheers

Michal

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    something weird just happend with my GfD again when I try to view a animated menu preview (View-->Animate (AVS) Menu Preview) I got an error message :

what's the problem I have always been abel to view my menu that way

WHAT?! Now when I close my open project, saved it and try to open it again GfD doesn't open at all and I got a new error message :S:

please help what has gone wrong (what's wrong with MSCOMCTL.OCX) with GUI for dvdauthor

I have now tried to reinstall the program but I still got the same error message when I try to start up

Michal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well never mind I fixed that problem with a system restore

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah ok I didn't know that SubtitleCreator also needed a ending time ... At first I this format of subtitles {100}{200} Text...
    That looks like the MicroDVD .SUB format.
    The two numbers here are the beginning and ending time, in frames, for displaying the subtitle.

Subtitle Workshop can read that and convert it to a second-based format, like .SRT.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yeah that can SubtitleCreator as well and that's exactly what I have done

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    during my last creation of DVD a weird subtitles bug occured...while I downloaded a .srt subtitle and converted it to .txt with the frames structure {100}{200} Text...then the new .txt file wasn't synhronised like the .srt :O really weird why does this bug occure?

michcio

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    btw I would like to do my own DVD-authoring tutorial... which discribes programs which I use...and how I make my DVD from the beginning to the end...(to help some people and to get response)..any idea where I could write this tutorial?...here on the forum? then where?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    during my last creation of DVD a weird subtitles bug occured...while I downloaded a .srt subtitle and converted it to .txt with the frames structure {100}{200} Text...then the new .txt file wasn't synhronised like the .srt :O really weird why does this bug occure?
    Check the fps of your video.
    Possibly you specified the wrong fps when converting from seconds.

Code:
    {1}{1}23.976
    {0}{24}Hello!
    The first line : {1}{1}23.976
    is the fps.
    Usually 23.976. 29.97 or 25.
    Subtitle Workshop has an FPS setting on the left.

btw I would like to do my own DVD-authoring tutorial... which discribes programs which I use...and how I make my DVD from the beginning to the end...(to help some people and to get response)..any idea where I could write this tutorial?...here on the forum? then where?
    https://www.videohelp.com/newguide
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic77896.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ah cool!! it really helps to check to fps of my video thanks!!!
    and ty for the sites to create my own guide

regards and thanks!

michcio

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ok I'm now done with my guide ...please take a look at: https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353434.html

Quote Quote  
  30. Nice guide!
    I only miss the topic of subtitle colors (either 'pre authoring' with a palette in GfD or by 'after authoring' correction with dvdsubedit or similar).
    Quote Quote