VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and copy Ultra HD Blu-rays and DVDs! Or rip iTunes movies and music! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone recommend a good analgue video capture card/box that is compatible with the 64-bit version of Vista? I have a Dazzel DVC-130 that was great for 32-bit, but no drivers are available for the 64-bit version which we've now migrated to.

Prefer a USB2 or Firewire box over a PCI card, but do have a PCI slot free if necessary.

Will be used for converting old sVHS (ie S-Video input required for best quality) and archiving to DVD (editing in Premiere CS3 first).

Tennant
    --
    Tennant
    There Can Be Only One

Sony HVR-Z1E, Interfit lighting, Adobe Premiere CS3 and Apple Final Cut Pro HD edit suites
    Quote Quote  
  2. Depending on your budget, a dedicated analog-DV converter box will work (~$140).
    John Miller
    enosoft - high performance tools for music and video

Home of the Enosoft DV Processor - Free for personal use!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, at least 64bit works with DV import. Some choices

- DV camcorder with "analog pass through". It will need black correction (32 to 16) after capture.

- Canopus ADVC DV transcoders (has 0.0/7.5 IRE switch for proper black capture).

- ADS Pyro DV transcoders (fixed to 7.5 IRE capture).
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. I was thinking along similar lines. Was going to go for the Canopus ADVC 300 as I think the TBC will be useful for some of the older tapes.

Any reasons not to go for this?

Tennant
    --
    Tennant
    There Can Be Only One

Sony HVR-Z1E, Interfit lighting, Adobe Premiere CS3 and Apple Final Cut Pro HD edit suites
    Quote Quote