VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi y'all!

Well, i've got a little problem here...
    I've downloaded a movie, and it came in a VIDEO_TS folder, with 4 VOB files in it. It has no IFO ou BUP files, so i can not burn them using Toast or some other application, as they tell me the VIDEO_TS folder is not valid.

But, watching the files with VLC is very easy, and it even lets me choose the subtitle track i want to be displayed.

Is there a way to convert these files into a single DVD (and keep the subtitles preferably) using ffmpegX? I tried dropping them one at a time into ffmpeX's window, but it tell me the kind of the file is 'unknown'. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advantage!

Rennato
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, one way to solve this is to load your VOB files into MPEG Streamclip and choose the 'save as...' option. That will give you a single file VOB. This you can then load into ffmpegX and author a DVD. However, you lose the subs. There is a solution for this, but it's a bit of work. You can extract the subs you want from your single file VOB using an application like D-Subtitler. It'll ask you to identify certain characters and you'll have to edit the file after it's done (like I said, it's a bit of work, but it works). This will give you an .srt file. Then, when authoring a DVD in ffmpegX you can load this .srt file in ffmpegX's Filters tab. If you do include subtitles, I would recommend you use the mpeg2enc engine since that gives you control over the subs' font, size and position.
    Anyway, that's how I would do it, but maybe somebody else has a better solution.
    Quote Quote