VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Open question to anyone and everyone who can help...

I use VLC player to play .AVI files with .SRT ... Everything worked fine until I got a new monitor yesterday (Samsung 22in Digital HDTV/Monitor Widescreen)

I installed the driver that came with the TV and I changed the resolution of my display (whether that affected things or not, I don't know) but since then, when I try to play a video in VLC it shows up a black screen with just the audio. Change output and all I can get is a blue hue on everything! The best I can get is that faces show up slightly yellow/green and the trees are pink/purple. Great for surrealism but not what I want.

I uninstalled VLC and re-installed the new version... Still the same problem. I changed the resolution down and that didn't help. I've now used Media Player Classic and it plays the .AVI file but no sub. I changed the video output to the suggestions and still no subtitles though now the video lags while the sound goes on fine.

My desktop shows up fine though and streaming video on the internet is fine.

The resolution that the monitor should be in is 1680x1050 but this oldish PC won't allow that... Mainly because of the seriously retarded 82819 Intel Graphics Controller. Surely it shouldn't matter if it worked before on the old screen though? Or am I mising something?

Help please? Really have no clue what the issue is so input would be greatly welcomed before my hair turns grey.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried change video overlay settings under the video cards settings(under control panel->display->settings->advanced)?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I can't seem to find that tab?

However I did play around with Hardware Acceleration... VLC will play video output in 'default' mode now, if I lower it... But it's still got a hue. But with the decrease of the acceleration then the video just gets more lagged.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you find the control panel in windows? It's not under vlc.
    Are you using xp or vista?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Using XP.
    I can get to Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advance ... but there's no option for Overlay Settings though. Not that I can see...
    Quote Quote