VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there currently a blu-ray authoring program that will create a BD compliant disc that WON'T re-encode the material on it? I don't understand why every program I've investigated re-encodes even if the material on it is BD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    have you tried nero vision express? if you video or audio is compliant it will only recode what it needs to (i.e video is good but audio is out of spec and visa versa) i know version 7 supports avc dvd's ,etc. download the trial and try it out . share your experience with the group. i dont on a bd or hd burner so i cant say if it works all the way through or not . but the option is there for me never the less.hope this helps
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    NeroVision is still incomplete. It will accept some streams, but not all. It will still reencode certain streams that are indeed AVCHD/blu-ray compliant.

Ulead is good, but only for not re-encoding MPEG-2. It will re-encode AVC and VC-1 streams.

Try:
    ArcSoft TotalMedia Extreme
    http://www.arcsoft.com/products/totalmediaextreme/

Promising apps like this, and others, are on their way which should accept all compliant streams.

Of course, if you want something right now and have a ton of money there's always Scenarist or Blu-Print. But personally, I'd wait just a bit longer.
    I hate VHS. I always did.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a massive listing of editors i've tried in this regard.. 2nd post located here.. take a look for some other ideas.. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353946.html#1870723

But so far nothing really works well..

I cant get anything (onto DVD) at least, to play in my Magnavox Bluray player from Nero Vision 5.. has anyone gotten any AVCHD or bluray format discs to play in their players? (i've used only DVDRW so far for tests).. i dont have a bluray player to try a real bluray disc either..

Nero vision was the quickest at quick edits, but its useless if i cant get it to play (even powerdvd complained, though powerdvd has no issues with the mts files it makes directly).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by markm75
    I have a massive listing of editors i've tried in this regard.. 2nd post located here.. take a look for some other ideas.. https://forum.videohelp.com/topic353946.html#1870723

But so far nothing really works well..

I cant get anything (onto DVD) at least, to play in my Magnavox Bluray player from Nero Vision 5.. has anyone gotten any AVCHD or bluray format discs to play in their players? (i've used only DVDRW so far for tests).. i dont have a bluray player to try a real bluray disc either..

Nero vision was the quickest at quick edits, but its useless if i cant get it to play (even powerdvd complained, though powerdvd has no issues with the mts files it makes directly).
    I updated my editing post, at this location (figured ill just keep this centralized):

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=14322602#post14322602

I was able to get imagemixer working (and well)..

Ill be testing Ulead Factory as soon as I get the hd pack...

Now i just need a way to (quickly, quality same, convert my mpeg mov files to m2ts or mts somehow)..

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    tsmuxer (or is it called tsmux? I think it's the former.) will mux and give you BluRay output. No menus, just the movie. I don't have a BluRay player so I cannot test what it produces.

I want to warn you that some of the HD specs listed here are not right. HD DVD is said to accept 720p 24 fps input and that is absolutely not correct. If you have any resolution below 1080i/p, it seems that your input MUST be 60 fps or 50 fps to be valid. This is true for HD DVD and probably BluRay as well. I don't think tsmuxer enforces real rigid compliance, so it's possible it may generate BluRay output that's not really valid and may not play on a BluRay player. Just a warning.

I really cannot recommend Ulead DVD Movie Factory. It will re-encode everything you give it unless your input file is MPEG-2 and your audio is either LPCM or AC3. I'm unsure about what markm75 wants to do, but if he is under some impression that converting his movies to BluRay is going to make them better, that's not right.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="markm75"]
    Originally Posted by markm75
    markm75,

I have a Phillips BDP9000 (same as Magnavox?) Blu-ray player that will not play a blu-ray structured disc on a DVDR/RW.

They will play on my PS3. I used Tsmuxer and Imgburn using UDF2.5 file system.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had pretty good success using tsmuxer to create a bluray structured disc,or an m2ts file renamed to .mpg.......Having said that, it's not a 100% foolproof method,in which case you do need to re-encode....BTW,I stream or play content on a PS3 ......
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by t0nee1
    I've had pretty good success using tsmuxer to create a bluray structured disc,or an m2ts file renamed to .mpg.......Having said that, it's not a 100% foolproof method,in which case you do need to re-encode....BTW,I stream or play content on a PS3 ......
    I tried it again tonight, this time with DVR-R, the magnavox NB500MG9 gave me the invalid, unsupported type disc error (i forget the exact error)..

Rather frustrating.. it works fine in power dvd though.

If i stick with Imagemixer, this may not matter though.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
    Is there currently a blu-ray authoring program that will create a BD compliant disc that WON'T re-encode the material on it? I don't understand why every program I've investigated re-encodes even if the material on it is BD compliant.
    Have you tried the new TMPGEnc MPEG Editor 3? It allows you to edit, and author with little encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is that DVDR-R as in Ram, cus the specs for your player have a ? for that disc type..
    Check your specs and media recommended...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is that DVDR-R as in Ram, cus the specs for your player have a ? for that disc type..
    Check your specs and media recommended...
    its a standard DVD+R (4.7GB).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll I can say,"most" not all, will play on my PS3. I use Tsmuxer and burn with Imgburn using UDF2.5 file system. Or as I stated before, I'll create an .m2ts file and rename extension to .mpg, and either stream or burn .mpg to disk using UDF2.5 file sys.. I bitset/booktype all my DVD+R to DVD-ROM, try that...You'll have to play around a bit to see what method and media best works for your particular player.....Unfortunately there's no surefire method.....Are you changing Level 5.1 to 4.1 in tsmuxer? It's required for PS3 compatibility.....
    Good luck!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'll I can say,"most" not all, will play on my PS3. I use Tsmuxer and burn with Imgburn using UDF2.5 file system. Or as I stated before, I'll create an .m2ts file and rename extension to .mpg, and either stream or burn .mpg to disk using UDF2.5 file sys.. I bitset/booktype all my DVD+R to DVD-ROM, try that...You'll have to play around a bit to see what method and media best works for your particular player.....Unfortunately there's no surefire method.....Are you changing Level 5.1 to 4.1 in tsmuxer? It's required for PS3 compatibility.....
    Good luck!
    When you make the iso.. are you setting the file system to just "UDF" or ISO9660 + UDF;

When you say you bitset your isos.. to DVD-ROM.. is this on the advanced.. media page of imgburn.. what do you set single and double layer to? (its currently at DVD+R/RW and DVD+R DL)..

Ill try just imgburn for now, then tsmuxer with imgburn as a second test...

(i've not used TSMuxer before, so i'm not sure how it will help with an already existing m2ts file and all)..

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote