VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’ve been try to fix the broken filed order in Ulead Video Studio 11 without any success.

I live in the UK and I record all my programs in MPEG 2 using my Pioneer DVD recorder. I’ve had great success with Ulead MediaStudio 8 and VideoStudio 8/9 in the past. They were superb at maintaining stability and accuracy throughout the encoding process. In fact, I’ve edited and encoded over 200 videos without any problem. I also love the fact that UVS and UMS apply widescreen flags properly (without boxing) and allow me to extract MPEG 2 files directly from DVD-VR.

For me, it’s the perfect package. Unfortunately, I was forced to upgrade to Vista when I built my new system, which in turn forced me to purchase VS11.

Now, regardless of the field order I select (in MPEG 2), it encodes in “frame based” mode. Also, it slightly blurs encoded files, which I find very annoying since every bit of detail in SD is vital in the world of HD.

So do you guys know how to fix this? If not, would you be so kind to recommend me a suitable software with all the primary features I mentioned above?

PS: I also bought Adobe Premier Elements from MicroAnvica for £50 few months ago. I bought it because it uses MainConcept MPEG-2 encoder, which is superb at 2 dual-pass MPEG-2 encoding (much better than Ulead). But the software is full of bugs and still no updates. The audio corrupts during indexing/multiplexing and its widescreen flag implementation is terrible (boxing). In other words, I’ve wasted £50.

Here's my system specs:

* Case: Coolermaster Mystique RC-631Black
    * Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
    * CPU Fan: Cooler Master Vortex 752
    * Main-board: Intel DP35DP
    * System RAM: Corsair Value 2048MB DDR-667 1.8v (VS2GBKIT667D2)
    * Graphics card: ASUS ATI HD3650 (I'll only be using it to take advantage of AVIVO HD)
    * Display: NEC MultiSync 1970NXp (with PVA panel) and Sony 26" BRAVIA (with PVA panel)
    * Sound system: Logitech X530 5.1 (for music only)
    * PSU: Corsair HX520
    * DVD-Burner: Pioneer DVR-215DBK (SATA)
    * HDD: Samsung 500GB Spinpoint T166 HD501LJ
    * Sound Card: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic (the original 2005 version)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a thought (picked up from your text), are you trying to re-encode to HD ?

There are a few Ulead users here (I am one but still use MSP7 and VS10 and XP so no real use to you ) but I would suggest that you register and post on the dedicated Ulead Video Studio forum. There are guys there who I am sure will know the answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it may sound simplified but perhaps put XP back in if the folks at ulead forums can't help with vista
    why did you move to vista?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, sorry

I meant we are now living in a Hi-Def world, and when up-sampling SD to HD, every bit of detail helps.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie
    it may sound simplified but perhaps put XP back in if the folks at ulead forums can't help with vista
    why did you move to vista?
    I can't load XP, because:

1. My XP disk was one of the first versions (no service pack)
    2. My main-board doesn't support floppy
    3. Regardless of what I select (SATA/IDE), I need the drivers or service pack 2
    4. Slipstreaming XP+driver+service pack caused Windows to become unstable.

so you see, I am stuck with Vista. But it's not bad tbh. In fact, I prefer it over XP.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Dark Alpha
    no, sorry

I meant we are now living in a Hi-Def world, and when up-sampling SD to HD, every bit of detail helps.
    Of topic but......

You can not successfully up-sample from SD to HD. You are just throwing a much higher data-rate at the video. You cannot improve on the video with a higher data-rate. It's a pure waste trying to up-sample.

An interesting point just made. If you built this system then why the feck did you chose Vista ? XP is still available if you know where to ask.

Personally, I would not touch Vista with a proverbial barge-pole
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83
    Originally Posted by Dark Alpha
    no, sorry

Of topic but......

You can not successfully up-sample from SD to HD. You are just throwing a much higher data-rate at the video. You cannot improve on the video with a higher data-rate. It's a pure waste trying to up-sample.

An interesting point just made. If you built this system then why the feck did you chose Vista ? XP is still available if you know where to ask.

Personally, I would not touch Vista with a proverbial barge-pole
    I am not up-sampling the video via re-encoding lol. And I'm not new to this

I was actually referring to up-sampling standard MPEG-2 via AVIVO, FFDshow, PureVideo etc.... Basically, the output file will be in SD, but up-sampled via the PC later on (just like playing DVD)

As for OS, check your post above
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    After you edit your mpeg in VS 11, select Share Tab and then: create video file. Now select save as first video clip. You will get an mpeg the same as the one you put in. If this is in DVD format, you can burn it to a disc with TDA or appropriate software. If not, you need to convert it into DVD format first-then burn. This assumes STD DVD. I don't mess with HDVD as it has a long way to go before it is as handy as SDVD.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ULEAD products have never been good at smart rendering, which is one of the reasons why I change the bit-rate.
    Quote Quote