VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have backed up several of my DVD's and bow have an issue. One DVD I would like to backup will not read or get reconized in my DVDRW Drive. This is the first DVD that will not read. My Drive is a Amprex 8x. Now before any tell me how bad that drive is or how cheap it is, I must say.... I have done this many times over and this is the first time this issue has come up. I thought it was the drive so I tried a different DVD and I was able to Play the movie and all the steps in backing up. Why is this one DVD giving me so much grief. The DVD is "Jumper".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you using for backing up?
    Try a different program, some disks have other forms of copy protection and not every program can always work.
    DVD Shrink is simple and works on 90% of my stuff, when it doesn't I try DVDFab Decrypter, and every once in a while (1 out of 100) nothing works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use AnyDVD and Shrink but thats not the issue. The disc will not read or get reconized when I put it in my drive. All others will but this one will not. It plays in a standalone player but not the computer drive. I have no clue.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The similar issue was discussed on the forum, not the same DVD.
    Conclusion was a bad DVD.
    I would take a DVD to your friend and see if it play on his drive. If so, try to update firmware or get a new drive.
    Had this DVD, played on all my drives.
    Quote Quote