VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone

I've tryed googgeling this issue for quite some time now, however so far I've not found any usable replys yet. hopefully someone inhere will be able to help out?

I've got a pioneer 633 dvd-recorder hooked up to a sky digibox (panasonic 2dsb31). the units are connected via scart/RGB.

Well, as I am visually impaired I am often recording content from the Sky channels that have audio description enabled. (for all of you US readers, audio description is the UK aquivalent to the US term DVS).

well, so far I've been able to record programmes to the inbilled harddrive without any problems. After I've finished editing the content it is burned onto dvdr-discs and then deleted from the HD.

well, now I have unfortunatlly stumpled apon the very annoying copy protection issue, that prevents me making an additional coppy on a dvr-disc.

I would expect this copy right protection only to be found on the newest blockbusters, however the current issue actually involves a repeat of the hit-series "charmed" with audio description.

I actually was able to coppy the first two episodes onto a dual layer disc, however from episode 3 and onwards (6 or so aught to fit on a dual layer disc), I've been unable to duplicate onto the dvd-r.

I was wondering if there is any way to get around this issue, so that I am able to actually make copys of all the episodes I have on my HD at present!

Any help is greatly aprishiated!

all the best from Allan
    Quote Quote  
  2. Unfortunately there is no way around this. If the broadcast contains the "record once" flag, you will not be able to copy the program from hard disk to standard DVD-R. My 633 instruction manual indicates the only option to copy such programs is to a single-layer DVD/RW disc in a "non-standard" VR-format. This type of DVD can usually only be played in the recorder that made it. Not an ideal solution, but should at least be playable on all Pioneer hardware. Note also, the recorder will automatically ERASE the program from its hard drive right after it makes the DVD/RW copy. This type of copy requires making some changes to the recorders default settings, you will definitely want to consult the manual before attempting this. Since your eyesight is poor, perhaps you can have a friend look thru the manual for you, or download it from Pioneer if necessary.
    Quote Quote