VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am having trouble removing the back part of the enclosure that has the switch off. It has all these wires attached to it that are just hanging . I know, i'm a newb when it comes to these things. I'm trying to install it as an internal drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you're trying to convert a external dvd burner to a internal one that may not be possible. Easier to just order a internal dvd burner since their so inexpensive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yep...
    What budz said....

You can buy a new top of the line quality internal dvd burner SHIPPED to your door for around $35.00 avg.!!!!!!!!
    Some even as cheap as $30.00!!!!!

www.newegg.com
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, I just ordered a Pioneer DVR-115DBK DVD/CD Writer online. Does ram size really matter for internal burner? Because the computer i am currently using has 224mb of ram.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dymx
    Thanks guys, I just ordered a Pioneer DVR-115DBK DVD/CD Writer online. Does ram size really matter for internal burner? Because the computer i am currently using has 224mb of ram.
    That's not a lot of ram....you should have posted that question before you purchased the 115D...my suggestion is to contact Pioneer and ask them about it. Although I don't think it should affect much of the burn process but it could prevent you from burning faster than 8x speed. Make sure you use a 80 wire ide cable with your new 115D drive.

Pioneer Support Phone Number: 1-800-421-1404
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budz
    Originally Posted by dymx
    That's not a lot of ram....you should have posted that question before you purchased the 115D...my suggestion is to contact Pioneer and ask them about it. Although I don't think it should affect much of the burn process but it could prevent you from burning faster than 8x speed. Make sure you use a 80 wire ide cable with your new 115D drive.

Pioneer Support Phone Number: 1-800-421-1404

I uprgraded it, by taking some from my old pc (I was a little hesitant at first) but got it to work. Now, ii has 704mb of ram. Do you think that will be enough?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    that should be fine with 704mb. what type of ram are you using? post your computer specs. when you get the drive try burning a disc at 12x speed. that's the only way you'll know for sure if it will burn at faster speed with the amount of ram you have.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Windows xp pro sp2
    Compaq Presario SR1610NX Desktop
    Dual Channel Support: Yes
    CPU Manufacturer: AuthenticAMD
    CPU Family: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3200+ Model 15, Stepping 2
    CPU Speed: 1790 MHz
    currently installed-256mb DDR PC3200
    512mb
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your computer specs. should be fine with your new Pioneer 115D drive.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all your help. Since i installed the 512mb it seems like my external burner has no errors at 4x., which is a little slow so I will buy some more ram soon so when I get my pioneer I can hopefully run both burners at the same time or burn at higher speeds. Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your welx!
    Quote Quote