VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi~~

Hoping someone here can help.

First, I'm fairly intelligent but not a techie - just so everyone knows this right away. I have only recently just made my first very short video. I use:

Windows Movie Maker

and have:

a laptop with Windows Vista
    54 GB remaining on the harddrive

was hard-pressed to answer many of the tech questions about my machine during the forum sign-up process.

Problem:

I have a video clip that cannot be imported from my harddrive to Windows Movie Maker.
    Says a codec is missing. I have no idea which one to get or where to get it.

Found a converter:

Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter 1.1
    http://www.pazera-software.com/products/flv-to-avi-converter/

could not locate step-by-step instructions anywhere on the site - though sure, I could have somehow overlooked them.

I tried twice to change it to an .avi (choice was .avi or mpeg) and the file still reads as an .flv
    (and I tried to import it just to see and no go).

Once it says it has converted is there something else I'm supposed to do? I am just going to the same file to see if it has changed and it has not.

Should it now say it is an .avi at the end of the of the file name?

All I see is that in the converter window the file shows listed as checked and that is it.

What can I do to get this to convert so I can import it to the Moviemaker?

Can someone post an answer or point me to a layperson's instructions?

Thanks~~

thank you!

videoelfone
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    yes...it should be another file made with the extension avi
    check the program to see what default folder it's saving it in
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you were right! i was checking the copy i had on the desktop - but when i went to the folder where it was actually stored both copies i thought had not converted properly were there. imported into the Movie Maker seamlessly.

but now it appears i got a little too excited as i edit....there is audio but no video....

thank you!

videoelfone
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well! apparently even hanging out here just a few times might have caused me to absorb some of the video gods' powers, haha! now, that was a joke ......but you all do inspire - i have to say - and i tried the mpeg option and it worked! and even if you do not think of yourselves as gods:

merci, tusind tak, gracias, thanks again.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thank you!

videoelfone
    Quote Quote