VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello All,

A little advice would be greatly appreciated. I subscribe to a guitar lesson website that lets you pay for video lesson d/l's. I receive the lessons in .mov format. The problem is.....when i convert .mov, to .mpeg 4 the video and audio dont synch up,

A perfect example is you can watch the instructor playing notes, but you will here the audio before seeing the fingers pay the actual notes on the video. The actual delay is up to 2 seconds.

I am pretty sure that there is a issue on the conversion, but all the programs i have used (and i think i have used them all) are simple 1 click converters.

Has any one ran into this issue? Can any body sugget a converter tool, to help me get these files onto my ipod?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll take a stab...
    try uncompressing your mov to an intermediate format like DV and then to mpg4 with cbr audio
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what tools have you tried?

I would try mpeg streamclip or mp4cam2avi or xvid4psp.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks for the follow up. Ive tried Moavi
    Ipodconverter
    jodix
    easyvideoconvert
    etc
    pretty much every converter of download.net
    im going to try to links you posted and hopefully that will work.

Out of the 2 pieces of software, do you recommend one over the other....any tips on conversion settings, to match sound with video?

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Those sounds like crap converters. I use mpeg streamclip for all my mov conversions(or sometimes quicktime pro).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mpeg Stream clip is great. Thanks for the suggestion. The video and audio are now lining up and i can finally watch guitar lesson on my long train ride to work.

Mpeg Streamclip is great and I love the fact that you can d/l streaming video off the web, to convert. When i tried to do a test d/l from any website that streams and convert it Mpeg streamclip errored out. Any suggestions on how to achieve this functionality?
    Quote Quote